ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap good system, EAW KF860/861  (Read 2514 times)

Oakie Pitakskul

Cheap good system, EAW KF860/861
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »

I have a chance to get some KF860/861 system, was just wondering if its worth it in this day and age, they are old, but can they keep up with the newer age Boxes?  Any thoughts?  Yes i am aware that they weight a lot...

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Cheap good system, EAW KF860/861
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

I have a chance to get some KF860/861 system, was just wondering if its worth it in this day and age, they are old, but can they keep up with the newer age Boxes?  Any thoughts?  Yes i am aware that they weight a lot...

KF860s can sound very good if they are deployed and processed/amped correctly.  But they can sound VERY bad if they aren't. I've never used a box that was LESS forgiving of improper deployment than these boxes.

They are also very heavy and very awkward to rig.  If you are working on flat concrete and have a proper rigging hand truck (they used to sell one modified just for this purpose) putting them up is only kinda sucky.  If you're outside, or short handed, or on uneven ground, or any number of other inconvenient real world scenarios, you're gonna have a bad day.

If they fit your needs and are a good price, you can make very good noise with them.  But I don't think you'll ever have fun with them.  My two cents...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Cheap good system, EAW KF860/861
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.