ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ProX Rack Cases  (Read 8771 times)

Dave Wightman

ProX Rack Cases
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »

I'm looking to purchase a 12 space rack case and after seeing the shipping prices for 1 from audiopile (I live in NJ), I am searching for a cheaper, yet just as reliable alternative. I happened to stumble across ProX cases. When comparing the specs, they seem very similar to  the cases that audiopile produces, but due to the price, I am a little skeptical. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used any ProX cases or could give me any more information on them. Thank you!

Here is the link to the case: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200841641549?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Jack keaton

Re: ProX Rack Cases
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

I'm looking to purchase a 12 space rack case and after seeing the shipping prices for 1 from audiopile (I live in NJ), I am searching for a cheaper, yet just as reliable alternative. I happened to stumble across ProX cases. When comparing the specs, they seem very similar to  the cases that audiopile produces, but due to the price, I am a little skeptical. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used any ProX cases or could give me any more information on them. Thank you!

Here is the link to the case: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200841641549?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I can tell just by the wheels on that thing it isnt the level of audiopiles. Dont go for cheap when it comes to protecting your gear.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »

http://proxcases.com/index.php

Contact them directly.  Talk to a real person.  Ask about their warranty.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Dave Wightman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »

http://proxcases.com/index.php

Contact them directly.  Talk to a real person.  Ask about their warranty.

Just sent them an e-mail concerning the warranty. I'll see what they have to say and will report back with their response.

Brian Larson

ProX Rack Cases
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »

"Specs"? It's a box.

Dave Wightman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »

"Specs"? It's a box.

Maybe I didn't use the correct term. What I meant by "specs" were the size of the casters, handles, type and length of plywood used, etc.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

I'd be careful. For instance, OSP looks great on ebay in terms of their products, but after buying one and getting it home, it's nowhere close to Audiopile quality.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »

Those casters don't look 4".  I have purchased many cases from Audiopile and have had no issues with the cases but I have had issues with the casters.  Many of the casters from Audiopile have had bumps on the wheel surface.  Some of the worst ones, I asked for and received a replacement from Audiopile.  Others I have just purchased from SES Casters.  I suspect you may end up wanting to replace the casters on that ProX case at some point.

That price would tempt me too.  If it's at all close, I'd always recommend Audiopile.  Mark & Liz are great people to work with.

Edit: The Audiopile cases have shipped with different casters over the years.  I haven't purchased any recently so they may no longer have the rough wheel surface issue.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:23:03 PM by Corey Scogin »

Randall Hyde

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »

I'd be careful. For instance, OSP looks great on ebay in terms of their products, but after buying one and getting it home, it's nowhere close to Audiopile quality.

The casters on OSP truly suck, but I've not had any problems with the (shock rack) cases themselves.
OTOH, not sure I'd by anymore; the casters alone are a good reason to spend a lot more money on the case.

Now OSP snakes, OTOH, are not something I'd recommend.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

James A. Griffin

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »

The eBay ad says "Built to the most demanding specifications."    What else do you need to know?   You can't just make up stuff like that and put it on eBay.

;D
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.