ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minister of Technology Job Descriptions  (Read 5150 times)

Mike Morgan

Minister of Technology Job Descriptions
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:03:37 AM »

Wondering if any can send me job descriptions for their Minister/Pastor of Technology, or whatever your church may call this position.

Our church is wanting to add this administrative position to the paid staff. This person would be responsible for all audio/video/web technologies employed by the church, make informed recommendations on new hardware/software and probably do some repair work as skill and knowledge allows.

I'm also checking with other area churches who have a position of this nature.

Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mike Morgan
[email protected]
Riverchase UMC
Hoover, AL

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Minister of Technology Job Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:47:27 AM »

I think you have a good start in your post.  It is short, and clear.  There might be a paragraph about any responsibility to train, mentor, and minster to volunteers.

One church I know of has a interesting paragraph in there description.  They encourage there tech staff to use some of there at work paid time to help other churches with tech issues. 

Frank
Not to Code

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Re: Minister of Technology Job Descriptions
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

One church I know of has a interesting paragraph in there description.  They encourage there tech staff to use some of there at work paid time to help other churches with tech issues. 

I like the idea, but as a church design-build firm, we have seen a lot of "blind leading the more-blind" come from this.  There is one large church that does a good job, they know what they can help with, but also know when to refer the other church to a qualified, tested company.  The whole "why pay to have it done right the first time, when xyz fellow end user is free?" trap.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:26:50 PM »

I like the idea, but as a church design-build firm, we have seen a lot of "blind leading the more-blind" come from this.  There is one large church that does a good job, they know what they can help with, but also know when to refer the other church to a qualified, tested company.  The whole "why pay to have it done right the first time, when xyz fellow end user is free?" trap.

This is never a concern for a volunteer mindful of both

the Lord  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4

and Dirty Harry A man's got to know his limitations

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »

Wondering if any can send me job descriptions for their Minister/Pastor of Technology, or whatever your church may call this position.

Our church is wanting to add this administrative position to the paid staff. This person would be responsible for all audio/video/web technologies employed by the church, make informed recommendations on new hardware/software and probably do some repair work as skill and knowledge allows.

I'm also checking with other area churches who have a position of this nature.

Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mike Morgan
[email protected]
Riverchase UMC
Hoover, AL

Check right up the road from you at our "mother" church, Church of the Highlands...  We have a "Technology / Creative Director", but he is actually a volunteer...      http://www.reallifems.com/

Mike Morgan

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

Check right up the road from you at our "mother" church, Church of the Highlands...  We have a "Technology / Creative Director", but he is actually a volunteer...      http://www.reallifems.com/

10-4.  They are on my list (have left a message), as is Church of Brook Hills, also nearby.  They also have a paid position of this nature.

BTW-My son plays bass, either in the mothership's auditorium overflow, or at the Riverchase Campus...more often at the Riverchase Campus and my wife just adores Chris Hodges.

Thanks.  Mike Morgan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:39:52 PM by Mike Morgan »

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »

This is never a concern for a volunteer mindful of both

the Lord  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4

and Dirty Harry A man's got to know his limitations

For once Bob, you and I are in total agreement.

To the OP, I'll try to go find my job description tomorrow at work.  I'm currently full time staff at my church as the creative arts director, which includes a significant amount of tech.  It also encompasses a lot of other things, but it might still be useful.

Good luck in your search....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.