ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: When you need a Dugan....  (Read 28011 times)

Derrick McDonald

When you need a Dugan....
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »

But don't have one. >:(

What are your alternatives in the digital realm?  Obviously ducking, but what if you have more than two channels?

I end up riding each fader as best I can, eyes nervously twitching, desperately scanning the stage trying to anticipate who will talk next.  Clearly not the best choice.

How are y'all working without a Dugan on Yamaha/Digico/Avid etc. and what works best for you?

Jason Phair

• Marketplace

Rick Earl

Re: When you need a Dugan....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »

How are y'all working without a Dugan on Yamaha/Digico/Avid etc. and what works best for you?

I tried without much luck,  I had a Shure system from the Board of trustees that I used a couple of times, not the best for my application and was only good for table top, I could not make it work with my wireless.   I  was lucky enough to meet and talk with Dan Dugan over the summer and ended up buying a MY-Dugan for  my Yamaha consoles.  Best investment I've made in a long time.   Bottom line - IT WORKS.

Derrick McDonald

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »

http://www.yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/product_detail.php?prodID=1128

Well... yes.  But, I was including that under the "don't have one" umbrella.  Looking for solutions when you don't have access to the Dugan, period.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:54 AM »

You rent one.

Mac

Or beg and plead Sends-on-faders-Andrew to finish writing his gain-sharing MIDI Studio Manager software for Yamaha mixers. :-/

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »

It seems like a pretty obvious feature to build into digital consoles, but what would I know.

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »

I have had some modest results by activating a gate with 6-8 db of "range"  a fast attack and 2 second hold and .5 second release.
It's tough to get the threshold set right but does help a little with multiple mic panel discussions.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »

But don't have one. >:(

What are your alternatives in the digital realm?  Obviously ducking, but what if you have more than two channels?

I end up riding each fader as best I can, eyes nervously twitching, desperately scanning the stage trying to anticipate who will talk next.  Clearly not the best choice.

I use the Shure SCM810 with excellent results. I would prefer to use the Dugan but the SCM810 does one thing the Dugan doesn’t. It has a comparator circuit in it and rather then just gain sharing between 2 close mics it will only turn one on for a sound source.

Do a search on my name and SCM810 and you will find a lot of information on here. And if you still have questions let me know.

TomBoisseau

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »

Or beg and plead Sends-on-faders-Andrew to finish writing his gain-sharing MIDI Studio Manager software for Yamaha mixers. :-/

Oh I really wish he would!

Andrew's "automoxer" program for the LS9 actually works pretty well, HOWEVER there are a few bugs and the program occationally crashes.  The good news is, once set up and running, I've never had the program crash PROVIDED I did not make any parameter changes within the program during an event.  So, the key is, set it up the program how you want it, and don't touch a thing during the show!  You can do whatever you want on the LS9, but leave the computer alone.

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.