ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FX send extremely hot signal - the norm?  (Read 5019 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: FX send extremely hot signal - the norm?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 09:11:36 AM »

That sounds like the send pot has a dirty or broken ground and is only seeing full power output.

I hope not Jerome …... I did purchase the mixer used though - it was in original packaging and had obviously not been used - mint condition. Everything else works as expected.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »

Check your Email...maybe add a butt-kicker...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:46:50 AM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 09:57:53 PM »

Why don't you try something like this: http://www.radialeng.com/proms2.php

I have never tried this brand, but I used a splitter from ART for a little while till I discovered it colored the sound. Now I mainly use Y cables for this purpose. (with both outs of the y going to either a mixer or preamp.) Even though the splitter I tried was no good, perhaps better ones will properly do the job. I just don't know at what $ cost.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »

I have never tried this brand, but I used a splitter from ART for a little while till I discovered it colored the sound. Now I mainly use Y cables for this purpose. (with both outs of the y going to either a mixer or preamp.) Even though the splitter I tried was no good, perhaps better ones will properly do the job. I just don't know at what $ cost.

Radial Engineering is a highly regarded manufacturer of signal interfacing products.  Based on my use of other Radial products, and ART products, I'd say Radial is an order of magnitude better.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.