ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stretching windscreen for e965  (Read 2463 times)

Mark McFarlane

stretching windscreen for e965
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »

I bought a couple Sennheiser windscreens for my wireless 835/965 mic.  Threw out the packaging, I think I have the right windscreens.  They don't want to go on without me stretching them to the point where they almost want to tear.  I'm pretty sure I can get them on all the way, but maybe not off and on again multiple times (I have interchangeable capsules).

Is this others experience with these windscreens?

Sorry for the lame question but these windscreens were pretty expensive and I don't want to trash them.

Mark McFarlane

Brian Lemmon

Re: stretching windscreen for e965
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

I have the Sennheiser windscreens for the e835's and they are very tight. I just had to slowly work them on. They do feel like they're on the verge of ripping when you're putting them on. They loosen up after a while. In my application I pretty much leave the windscreens on all the time and just put the mics back in the case with the windscreens on. And yes, they are expensive!

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

I have the Sennheiser windscreens for the e835's and they are very tight. I just had to slowly work them on. They do feel like they're on the verge of ripping when you're putting them on. They loosen up after a while. In my application I pretty much leave the windscreens on all the time and just put the mics back in the case with the windscreens on. And yes, they are expensive!

Thanks Brian.  I just got back from a gig and was able to put on and remove the windscreen without tearing it, but it took a couple minutes for each process.  It turned out not being windy and the vocalist didn't want the windscreen on.  Bummer 'cause it was really dusty. I'll spend 5 hours tomorrow cleaning out dust storm crap from my gear to get ready for a mini festival on Thursday.  At least I got smart enough to start charging clients a surcharge for outdoor events.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.