ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any remedy for Line 6 XT noisy XLR out?  (Read 1366 times)

Lee Brenkman

Any remedy for Line 6 XT noisy XLR out?
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »

A question for any of my learned colleagues in here who have experience with these units.

A bass player I work with has a Line 6 XT rack mount pre amp, effects, modeler unit and, when everything is set to his liking the XLR outputs are a bit "hissy" when I get them out at FOH.

The onstage rig is quiet and he reports that on smaller gigs when he is without my services that the same output feeding a pair of QSC K12s directly from those XLRs is also largely devoid of background noise.

Is there a mod to the Line 6 involving an parts upgrade or the like that will improve the s/n?

Or does it just not like ME and hisses in disapproval?

thanks,
gramps

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
Re: Any remedy for Line 6 XT noisy XLR out?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

A question for any of my learned colleagues in here who have experience with these units.

A bass player I work with has a Line 6 XT rack mount pre amp, effects, modeler unit and, when everything is set to his liking the XLR outputs are a bit "hissy" when I get them out at FOH.

The onstage rig is quiet and he reports that on smaller gigs when he is without my services that the same output feeding a pair of QSC K12s directly from those XLRs is also largely devoid of background noise.

Is there a mod to the Line 6 involving an parts upgrade or the like that will improve the s/n?

Or does it just not like ME and hisses in disapproval?

thanks,
gramps

Most likely the "set to his liking" changes when he does it himself. 

Is this line level out or mic level?  If line are you going to a line in on the board?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Any remedy for Line 6 XT noisy XLR out?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.