ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASL Digital Matrix Intercom  (Read 4271 times)

Chris Johnson [UK]

ASL Digital Matrix Intercom
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:32 AM »

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the ASL Digital Matrix intercom system. I do a lot of matrix comms work and am familiar with Telex (Adam), Riedel and Clearcom (Eclipse). Does anyone have any real world experience with the system?

Thanks,

Chris
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: ASL Digital Matrix Intercom
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the ASL Digital Matrix intercom system.

Looks very interesting but I have never seen it.  I'll be interested in knowing more. 

http://asl-usa.com/shop/  and
http://asl-inter.com/
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Neil White

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »

I don't have any experience with the ASL Digital Matrix Products.

However, whilst having a look at their site I came across their assignment panels. They have a 6 input / 12 output or 6 input / 18 output assignment panel that is similar to the RTS SAP 612 but for Clearcom compatible partyline systems. This is the first manufacturer I have seen with a product like this. Here is a link to the user manual: http://asl-inter.com/images/uploads/pdfs/IS_640-12_manual_2011_WEB.pdf

Neil

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

They have a 6 input / 12 output or 6 input / 18 output assignment panel that is similar to the RTS SAP 612 but for Clearcom compatible partyline systems. This is the first manufacturer I have seen with a product like this. Here is a link to the user manual: http://asl-inter.com/images/uploads/pdfs/IS_640-12_manual_2011_WEB.pdf

Telex actually makes an assignment panel which works for standard Clear-Com, the Audiocom IC-6SX Balanced 3 wire 6 channel X 24 output dialup.  Here is a CC system design I did a few years ago using it.  The key is that this Telex dialup is made for their balanced comm system and switches both pins 2 and 3.

www.bestaudio.com/_private/downloads/Kingdom_of_Heaven_Intercom_Design.pdf
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:03:05 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »

Well, It seems to be difficult to get any real information.

Emails to the contacts listed on the website all bounce back, which is not particularly helpful.

From what I have managed to find though, it doesn't appear to be a 'proper matrix' as such, as it seems to only allow groups to be assigned to keys, as opposed to PTP. You can make PTP calls, but via a scroll list/keypad....
Riedel Communications

Susan McLohon, NL

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:51:13 AM »

It is true that the ASL DS 4000 M Matrix is different to other Matrix systems. The DS 4000M has 5 so called string out connectors and you can connect up to 8 user stations to each string in either daisy-chain, star configuration - using an ASL Hub - or line configuration going through Wall boxes. If you use daisy-chain, it is not like in an analogue systems, where everyone on the same cable would be talking to the same groups, but you can program each user station on that string to be in different groups.
One does have to make groups first and assign these groups to the channels of the user station. However, a group can consist of only 2 stations allowing therefore a “person to person” connection. The extra feature of PTP on the ASL intercom system allows to talk privately (like a telephone call) to anyone connected to the system without having to be pre-programmed. This is done by scrolling through the list of all connected users or by dialing the ID numbers of the requested user. While being on the PTP call, the intercom signals can be dimmed to a preset level, to still be able to listen to what is going on in the programmed group conversations.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

It is true that the ASL DS 4000 M Matrix is different

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.