ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS9 Input 9 problem  (Read 3351 times)

Matt Lennox

Yamaha LS9 Input 9 problem
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:45 AM »

Hi to anyone who can help.

We have had out LS9 for about 5 months now. At yesterday's church meeting, we had problems with one of our inputs coming in to input 9 on the console. I have rechecked the entire signal path from source and have found that input 9 on the console is definitely problematic. Symptoms are: boosting the HA gain on a particular signal (lets just say its a AKG dynamic plugged directly into input 9) the console's meter doesn't show any input signal (when cued)When I Plug an instrument through a DI, engage phantom power and there is a signal, but it horribly distorted and very low level indeed. Other than that, there is an audible hiss coming from that channel, when turn channel 9 off, and the noise is gone.

My question is: do you think I have a pre-amp thats blown, on that input, and has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Matt

Mark McFarlane

Re: Yamaha LS9 Input 9 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

Select the default factory scene from the console (to eliminate the possibility of a screwy input/buss patch or effect that could be causing your problem).
turn off phantom power
Hook a dynamic mic using a known good cable directly into channel 8 at the console, bypassing any snake that you may currently be using, and set the CH8 preamp gain so you get a nice clean signal signal.
Set the preamp gain on channel 9 exactly the same as you just set channel 8
move the mic cord over to channel 9 at the console
talk into the mic again, it should sound identical. Go back and forth between 8 and 9.  Make a few identical adjustments on the two preamp gains.

If you don't get the same result on 8 and 9, send it in for repair.

If you get the same result your problem is in cabling, attached devices, or console programming.

Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha LS9 Input 9 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.