ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: loaded horn systems  (Read 24342 times)

TrevorMilburn

Re: loaded horn systems
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »

Does anybody remember or have pictures of a loaded horn PA from the 70's that were like fiberglass shells?  There were a couple of regional club bands that used them in the southern US.  Eli and Riverstreet were two bands that I remember that had them.  They were shaped kind of like North Drums.  I can't remember the name of them, but I can still see those big white dual 18 horn housings that latched on to the actual cabinet.  All of it had to be ratchet strapped together.
I have a PDF spec sheet and an advert for the Leviathans. I have uploaded them to Sendspace so you can download them.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/33pcmq
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5whcde

Regards,
Trevor

Richard Stevens

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

The Leviathan was king as far as sheer size and no-compromise badassery, but my favorite Community cab in those days was the GGM (short for Googa Mooga).  With its molded-in oval-shaped port below the twin 15s, it was most often displayed with a large red cardboard tongue sticking out.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:47:36 AM by Richard Stevens »
"Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone in to the distance. He knows that something somewhere has to break." - Sting

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »

The Leviathan was king as far as sheer size and no-compromise badassery, but my favorite Community cab in those days was the GGM (short for Googa Mooga).  With its molded-in oval-shaped port below the twin 15s, it was most often displayed with a large red cardboard tongue sticking out.

"like!"

duane massey

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »

We had 4 GGM's at one time, along with a dozen PBL's. Used the GGM's for bass guitar and side fills, PBL's for portable DJ's and drum monitors. Worst thing about the silly things was trying to balance a bass amp on top.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

We had 4 GGM's at one time, along with a dozen PBL's. Used the GGM's for bass guitar and side fills, PBL's for portable DJ's and drum monitors. Worst thing about the silly things was trying to balance a bass amp on top.

That's probably what led to their demise... you had to be ultra creative to stack those things

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:18 AM »

Maybe
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Richard Stevens

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

WTF is THAT?!? 

Are those six drivers 15s or 12s?  Is there a 7th driver in the middle doing the low-mid duties?
"Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone in to the distance. He knows that something somewhere has to break." - Sting

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

WTF is THAT?!? 

Are those six drivers 15s or 12s?  Is there a 7th driver in the middle doing the low-mid duties?

I don't know for sure, but the bass horn appears to be a variation on Community's R series, so those are probably 12" woofers.  The mid driver is probably a Community M4.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 02:15:30 PM »

WTF is THAT?!? 

I really cant tell you what they are as I found the pictures on my companies drive.  I do know there were other Community R Series in the installation...R2's I would guess, and other M4 drivers on horns.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »

I really cant tell you what they are as I found the pictures on my companies drive.  I do know there were other Community R Series in the installation...R2's I would guess, and other M4 drivers on horns.
I remember it as the new Levithan from Community. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.