ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: loaded horn systems  (Read 4702 times)

TrevorMilburn

Re: loaded horn systems
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 06:32:30 am »

Does anybody remember or have pictures of a loaded horn PA from the 70's that were like fiberglass shells?  There were a couple of regional club bands that used them in the southern US.  Eli and Riverstreet were two bands that I remember that had them.  They were shaped kind of like North Drums.  I can't remember the name of them, but I can still see those big white dual 18 horn housings that latched on to the actual cabinet.  All of it had to be ratchet strapped together.
I have a PDF spec sheet and an advert for the Leviathans. I have uploaded them to Sendspace so you can download them.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/33pcmq
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5whcde

Regards,
Trevor

Richard Stevens

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:16 am »

The Leviathan was king as far as sheer size and no-compromise badassery, but my favorite Community cab in those days was the GGM (short for Googa Mooga).  With its molded-in oval-shaped port below the twin 15s, it was most often displayed with a large red cardboard tongue sticking out.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:47:36 am by Richard Stevens »
"Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone in to the distance. He knows that something somewhere has to break." - Sting

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

The Leviathan was king as far as sheer size and no-compromise badassery, but my favorite Community cab in those days was the GGM (short for Googa Mooga).  With its molded-in oval-shaped port below the twin 15s, it was most often displayed with a large red cardboard tongue sticking out.

"like!"

duane massey

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »

We had 4 GGM's at one time, along with a dozen PBL's. Used the GGM's for bass guitar and side fills, PBL's for portable DJ's and drum monitors. Worst thing about the silly things was trying to balance a bass amp on top.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »

We had 4 GGM's at one time, along with a dozen PBL's. Used the GGM's for bass guitar and side fills, PBL's for portable DJ's and drum monitors. Worst thing about the silly things was trying to balance a bass amp on top.

That's probably what led to their demise... you had to be ultra creative to stack those things

David Sturzenbecher

• Sioux Falls, SD
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:18 am »

Maybe

Richard Stevens

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »

WTF is THAT?!? 

Are those six drivers 15s or 12s?  Is there a 7th driver in the middle doing the low-mid duties?
"Daddy grips the wheel and stares alone in to the distance. He knows that something somewhere has to break." - Sting

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 02:10:11 pm »

WTF is THAT?!? 

Are those six drivers 15s or 12s?  Is there a 7th driver in the middle doing the low-mid duties?

I don't know for sure, but the bass horn appears to be a variation on Community's R series, so those are probably 12" woofers.  The mid driver is probably a Community M4.
When they spit, do you wash their floors
And pray that they don't spit no more
Or, rise up children, life goes on and on
Wise up children, life goes on and on

David Sturzenbecher

• Sioux Falls, SD
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

WTF is THAT?!? 

I really cant tell you what they are as I found the pictures on my companies drive.  I do know there were other Community R Series in the installation...R2's I would guess, and other M4 drivers on horns.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:39 pm »

I really cant tell you what they are as I found the pictures on my companies drive.  I do know there were other Community R Series in the installation...R2's I would guess, and other M4 drivers on horns.
I remember it as the new Levithan from Community. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 24 queries.