ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie DL1608 problems, issues and gripes  (Read 23343 times)

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
Mackie DL1608 problems, issues and gripes
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »

Well they took the user forum down for about a month to "update forum software" and now its back only the software is exactly the same as before. They just flat out lied to us and pulled the only "support" down for the month they held their NAAM trade show and with no concern for those who just bought their product and seek help from other users since they ignore emails and dont return calls if you need product support.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Mackie DL1608 problems, issues and gripes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »

Well they took the user forum down for about a month to "update forum software" and now its back only the software is exactly the same as before. They just flat out lied to us and pulled the only "support" down for the month they held their NAAM trade show and with no concern for those who just bought their product and seek help from other users since they ignore emails and dont return calls if you need product support.

But, your desk works fine, right?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Vinny DAgostino

• Warwick, RI
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »

This coming from Mackie surprises you how?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »

You get what you pay for.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »

Well I paid $1k and seeing the "customer service" or lack there of, I predict for me the DL1608 might have to be the last purchase from Mackie.
 Unless they make serious changes to their policy in how they deal with their customer service, and settle some issues with the product real soon.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

It's the "Etch-a-Sketch" of sound........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Vinny DAgostino

• Warwick, RI
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »

Well I paid $1k and seeing the "customer service" or lack there of, I predict for me the DL1608 might have to be the last purchase from Mackie.
 Unless they make serious changes to their policy in how they deal with their customer service, and settle some issues with the product real soon.

Mackie service has been pretty much non-existant for the past 10 years, I don't see it changing anytime soon, and I will never purchase a Mackie product again.(I learned the hard way!)

Don Spaulding

• Symphonic Sound
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

I remember reading on another audio forum that the first pioneers (just like in mid west) where the ones with arrows in their backs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

I remember reading on another audio forum that the first pioneers (just like in mid west) where the ones with arrows in their backs.

Mackie was once a decent company run by audio designers and managed by business folks with some passion for the industry.  That went away when Mackie was purchased by LOUD/Sun Capital Partners.  Mackie has been screwed, to varying degrees, ever since.

Look what LOUD did to EAW.  If corporations had been people a few years earlier, LOUD could have been charged with attempted murder....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

Reading on another forum, i wouldn't dream of such!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.