ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Should i get a UPS and if so what kinds and size  (Read 11515 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Should i get a UPS and if so what kinds and size
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 02:40:30 PM »

Today has been a textbook example of why we have our consoles and wired and wireless intercom on UPSs. A strong group of thunderstorms has moved through during dress rehearsal for a show...  We have lost power (for less than 1 or 2 seconds each time) 5 times during the rehearsals.  While dimmer processors have to reboot, consoles and most importantly, intercom has tracked through allowing us to more or less continue without interruption.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 04:14:30 AM »

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3053

Hi Dick,

How is the acoustic noise from that unit? I have some Juice Goose/Xtreme Power units that are OK acoustically, but just got one from Cyberpower that I'm afraid will be too loud to use at quiet events.

All double conversion.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »

Hi Dick,

How is the acoustic noise from that unit? I have some Juice Goose/Xtreme Power units that are OK acoustically, but just got one from Cyberpower that I'm afraid will be too loud to use at quiet events.

All double conversion.

Cooling fans are always a concern.  A friend who re-purposes the Tripplite units being removed from use maintaining computer servers has replaced the fans with quieter ones for just that reason.  I can't say for sure, but before I got powered speakers I had purchased a Crown K2 amp specifically because it was a silent runner.  I used it only for really touchy "acoustic" concert artists.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.