ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I hire someone to help me with speaker setup or just go with this?  (Read 15874 times)

Benjamin Gingerich

• LifeSound AV
Re: Should I hire someone to help me with speaker setup or just go with this?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »

D

Yes, they have been fire-treated. One of the reasons (I should have mentioned) on going with the 215's with the 1x18's is the ability to move them outside. We do an annual outdoor event and have always had to rent a PA for $500. The YAMAHA setup is in hope to move them outdoors and have decent coverage for the stage area, while still maintaining a decent setup indoors. I know this thinking won't make me any friends here, because you want to match the speakers to the venue, but we won't be able to fly anything outside.

The reason you wouldnt make friends here with that is because there are better options that may save you money in the long run.

For instance check the flown speakers and get them working correctly get the delay cabs timed correctly (you can do this with math and get it close) and get everything aimed close to correctly, then look at a good monitor rig that can double as your outdoors / youth or whatever you need system. You can probably have someone come do this in the same price range as a diy option.
Benjamin Gingerich
Project Manager - LifeSound Av - Macon, Georgia
Air Force Reserves- Electrical Power Production
AA Electrical & Mechanical Engineering

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/ it can't do everything a full seat of Smaart, TEF, etc can do but it does do enough to overwhelm most amateurs and it is free.

Correct there and for a church with no budget they can start to see what needs fixing so this will help the current problem because his room should not be far off, depending on size difference, materials.

We are adding a digital delay onto the system and are waiting for some help with the maintenance people to fix and review wiring.

They have two speakers in the rear corners on 8 ohm connection with 200 to 250 feet of wire.  Trying to see if we can get the 70 v transformers and separate amp after time delay to run these correct time delivery and in the 70 v we will not loose as much on cable or frequency from the long run. 

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

Correct there and for a church with no budget they can start to see what needs fixing so this will help the current problem because his room should not be far off, depending on size difference, materials.
Let's be careful as whether it is REW or Smaart, SysTune, EASERA, Paxis, etc., all of those simply give you is information, they do not tell you what needs fixing or how to fix it.  It's a bit like a thermometer provides the temperature but does not say if that is warm or cold much less suggest what to do because of it.

Taking that analogy a step further, if you are hot and the thermometer says it is cold then you might question what it is saying and you really need to be able to do the same with audio and acoustical analysis systems, you need to be able to know when the information they present seems valid or not or you might end up wearing  a swimsuit in the snow.

They have two speakers in the rear corners on 8 ohm connection with 200 to 250 feet of wire.
Speakers actually in rear corners (as compared to fill speakers covering rear corners) are typically a bad idea unless they are for effects or surround sound.

Trying to see if we can get the 70 v transformers and separate amp after time delay to run these correct time delivery and in the 70 v we will not loose as much on cable or frequency from the long run.
200' to 250' is not that long a distance but what may be more of an issue is if these are at the rear facing in/forward then how do you properly delay them?  In effect their natural delay is the inverse of the natural delay from the mains up front.  This often means they are virtually impossible to effectively delay.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:15 AM »

Let's be careful as whether it is REW or Smaart, SysTune, EASERA, Paxis, etc., all of those simply give you is information, they do not tell you what needs fixing or how to fix it.  It's a bit like a thermometer provides the temperature but does not say if that is warm or cold much less suggest what to do because of it.

Taking that analogy a step further, if you are hot and the thermometer says it is cold then you might question what it is saying and you really need to be able to do the same with audio and acoustical analysis systems, you need to be able to know when the information they present seems valid or not or you might end up wearing  a swimsuit in the snow.
Speakers actually in rear corners (as compared to fill speakers covering rear corners) are typically a bad idea unless they are for effects or surround sound.
200' to 250' is not that long a distance but what may be more of an issue is if these are at the rear facing in/forward then how do you properly delay them?  In effect their natural delay is the inverse of the natural delay from the mains up front.  This often means they are virtually impossible to effectively delay.

O so true and that is why they have asked and are receiving help and direction to slowly work on correcting their problems.  The tools to document and show the changes and how it affects and improves the situation is just a tool and documentation.  It also helps them to see why a persons spoken word us not intelligible in the back of the room.  Loss of High frequencies and no single source add to the problem. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:15 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.