ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard Lighting... BUYER BEWARE  (Read 3705 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Blizzard Lighting... BUYER BEWARE
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »

I have a batch of PRO par 7-3's that were manufactured in April of 12, and another batch Nov of 12.  The newer batch does not match the DMX assigning as the old batch or as what the user manual says.  I called and spoke with Blizzard to verify, they plugged in one of them at their shop and sure enough, there "manufacturer" switched the DMX assigning without notifying anyone.

Blizzard is going to call me on Monday to see "if" they can fix it, but since half my batch are a few months old (received in October) they "cant guarentee anything"  ::) .....will see how this goes. I will be sure to post an update.

Ted Christensen

Re: Blizzard Lighting... BUYER BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »

I have a batch of PRO par 7-3's that were manufactured in April of 12, and another batch Nov of 12.  The newer batch does not match the DMX assigning as the old batch or as what the user manual says.  I called and spoke with Blizzard to verify, they plugged in one of them at their shop and sure enough, there "manufacturer" switched the DMX assigning without notifying anyone.

Blizzard is going to call me on Monday to see "if" they can fix it, but since half my batch are a few months old (received in October) they "cant guarentee anything"  ::) .....will see how this goes. I will be sure to post an update.

I thought it would be worse. Ill still buy blizzard
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »

Blizzard has always had top-notch customer service IME. I've never had a problem getting any issue fixed. And (disclaimer) although I am a dealer, I've always heard many compliments on Blizzard's service and support from the end-users as well.

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »

They are going to send me new boards for my "older" lights.  While the initial response I got from them was less than I would prefer, they have agreed to fix it at this point.  Still something to note if you are planning on buying lights and them playing well with your current setup.

Love the lights, and am glad they are going to fix the issue.

Randall Hyde

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »

Is this not something that could be programmed around? How would this be any different from using two different fixtures? I could understand, of course, if you wanted to use the same DMX address for all fixtures (or a range of fixtures) and you wouldn't be able to mix and match fixtures from the two batches.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

James Feenstra

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »

Is this not something that could be programmed around? How would this be any different from using two different fixtures? I could understand, of course, if you wanted to use the same DMX address for all fixtures (or a range of fixtures) and you wouldn't be able to mix and match fixtures from the two batches.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
It could, provided you have different profiles for each fixture and know the dmx chart for both versions of the fixture.

mind you, this kind of thing happens frequently, even with major manufacturers, which is why they release updated fixture charts and profiles. It's not really a huge issue when you're using a real console
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.