ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smoking guitar ?  (Read 3113 times)

John Luty

smoking guitar ?
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I have an idea on how to replicate Ace Frehely's smoking guitar . If I was to run a plastic line from my fogger to the back of a guitar would this work ? Thinking a funnel over the output of the fogger to the plastic tubing and then to the guitar

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: smoking guitar ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »

I'd contact this guy for pointers... http://www.caraguitars.com/ace_frehley.htm

John Luty

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »

thanks but for now I'm looking to do VERY LOW BUDGET without modifying a guitar just something to play around with

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »

thanks but for now I'm looking to do VERY LOW BUDGET without modifying a guitar just something to play around with

I'd use a low cfm speed controlled fan into a sealed plastic box with the funnel on the opposite side and then into a black hose to the guitar.  Fire the fog into the fan.  The speed controlled fan would allow you to pressurize it just enough to force it through, the plastic box would allow a tech to "pump" the top a little to vary the output at the guitar.  You may have to experiment with hose size, but the smaller it is the more it might pass for a guitar cable.  For added effect, put some yellow and blue LED on a 9v with a flicker circuit or possible the guts out of an LED candle or two and a small timer circuit, so it goes out in ten or so seconds after activated, on the power input in the smoking pick up hole to approximate flame.  I always like the fire works coming out of the headstock, but that's not gonna happen anymore.  Perhaps a couple of lasers fastened to the back side?  With a lot of atmosphere, it'd probably look pretty cool.

Added:  You will probably need to diffuse the output at the guitar somehow.  Maybe putting a cloth over the "pickup" so that chamber fills and forces it through the cloth.  This may require additional pressure at the box and some trial and error with cloth density.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:11:01 PM by Lee Douglas »
This space for rent

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »

Yeah  go for the Tesla coil  !! 

Look at the Sorcerers apprentice.  Disney movie.   Nic Cage.

That will light someones day up !! 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:43:49 AM by Jerome Malsack »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.