ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short stack  (Read 2872 times)

Steve Abele

Short stack
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

Hello all, I'm currently using an SRX722 over a SRX718 for small room shows.  Any ideas on some sort of spacer on the stack to get the top cab up to a good height, that looks professional...Thanks

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Short stack
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »

Hello all, I'm currently using an SRX722 over a SRX718 for small room shows.  Any ideas on some sort of spacer on the stack to get the top cab up to a good height, that looks professional...Thanks

Quite a few folks use cable trunks as spacers.  Check audiopile.net and see what they've got.

Two birds.......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »

You want the spacer to be non resonant-or it will "suck" out the resonant freq from your sound.

A frame covered in cloth is a goo idea-but only takes up more room

As Dick says- a trunk can work-but it is nice to not have it "ring".  so if you could stuff some padded covers in it or such.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »

I was faced with the same situation.  My solution was to buy a couple of used SR4718's to put under the 722's for smaller gigs.  They are a good sounding cab that that is the perfect height, uses the 2241 driver and can be found for a good price if you look around.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:49:45 PM by Chuck Simon »

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:23 AM »

Steve Hurt made these a while ago.  Pics were lost during the forum transfer:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=120749.0

My google skills helped me find one pic from an unrelated discussion, though he'd probably be happy to repost the pics if he still has them.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »

I once had same issue and I made a set of cases that held my cabs in transit and then doubled as stack spacer. I made them 2 piece designed so the lid of the case was about 1/3 the total height and I could use either the 1/3 "lid" as the spacer or the 2/3 bottom half of the case flipped upside down on top the sub with the top cab above. They were finished to match the cabs decor and looked good.
  Other option is simply add top hats with small pole section from sub to the tops. Those 722's have good weight distribution and with the pole socket properly installed they are very stable on a pole.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Steve Abele

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »

I once had same issue and I made a set of cases that held my cabs in transit and then doubled as stack spacer. I made them 2 piece designed so the lid of the case was about 1/3 the total height and I could use either the 1/3 "lid" as the spacer or the 2/3 bottom half of the case flipped upside down on top the sub with the top cab above. They were finished to match the cabs decor and looked good.
  Other option is simply add top hats with small pole section from sub to the tops. Those 722's have good weight distribution and with the pole socket properly installed they are very stable on a pole.

I really like the booster seats...are these available to purchase?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.