ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV TX Series VS. JBL STX Series  (Read 12201 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: EV TX Series VS. JBL STX Series
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »

Why do you "hate to say it"?  JBL is one of, if not THE oldest, most experienced and best speaker manufacturers in the world!  Yeah, I'm a fanboy(or is that fan old man?), for about 30 years now.

My thought's exactly, but more like 50 years in my case. People tend to stay with hardware that does the job day in, day out, and never let's you down. Hell, I even have some original D120Fs from the 60's that have been through hell and have never been reconed. Take that Jensen.

And to be more to the point, in all the years I've been dealing with sound EV drivers are the only drivers I've owned that have failed on me. I even have some Peavey monitor in the basement practice space that are still running strong after almost 20 years of constant beating. Take that EV.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »

I say that because I keep trying to buy other brands. But about the only one I ever end up with is JBL. The value is too good to pass up most times. Do I think that there is a slightly better, but comparable speaker? YES, but it costs more, so I end up back at JBL. I didn't mean it negatively. I meant it more as a statement of the obvious.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

And to be more to the point, in all the years I've been dealing with sound EV drivers are the only drivers I've owned that have failed on me.  Take that EV.
To be fair, we own a fair amount of EV drivers, and in the last 20 years have only had a single failure, and that was due to a defective driver (doesn't help make my point). EV was STELLAR in their handling of the situation through warranty. A company down the road from us who is a JBL house has had numerous failures, most commonly in their subwoofers (srx728). I Love the 728's, and I don't think they are excessively prone to failure, but it just goes to show that no manufacturer is immune to occasional equipment failure.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.