ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkie UCS1 pb..( I think that this is the wrong sub for my application)  (Read 6021 times)

Kim Guibord

Hello All:

I needed a small set of subs for small events that I do, I have a VTC Rig that I use for my larger shows and it really rocks...My local dealer had a pair of the ucs1 that he let me use just to get me out of a bind, I do not want multiples of these because I already have my large rig...In the back of the room these really came alive...up in front there was not very much low end...I attribute this to being a horn loaded sub...I am now thinking about the ls801p...unless you guys have some ideas on getting more low end up front...Thanks for your help.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
Re: Yorkie UCS1 pb..( I think that this is the wrong sub for my application)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »

Kim, I use horn loaded subs and do not have that issue. You are probably hearing more lows in the back of the room due to the boundary (wall), and less up front due to cancelations.

Mike

Kim Guibord

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »

Kim, I use horn loaded subs and do not have that issue. You are probably hearing more lows in the back of the room due to the boundary (wall), and less up front due to cancelations.

Mike
Well I know that I am probably getting cancellation because I use them as speaker stands on each side of the stage...but I do not have the option of center clustering.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »

What does having them on each side of the stage have to do with cancelations.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Vinny DAgostino

• Warwick, RI
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »

Change them out for the LS801P, it will give you the results you are looking for.

John Sabine

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »

I've run both and actually used my UCS1P's to add bottom to my line array rig. Given the choice though I'd choose the LS801P. Dimensionally they are a little wonky but they have much more punch than the UCS1P's

Change them out for the LS801P, it will give you the results you are looking for.
"I think it needs more barn"

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »

Hello All:

I needed a small set of subs for small events that I do, I have a VTC Rig that I use for my larger shows and it really rocks...My local dealer had a pair of the ucs1 that he let me use just to get me out of a bind, I do not want multiples of these because I already have my large rig...In the back of the room these really came alive...up in front there was not very much low end...I attribute this to being a horn loaded sub...I am now thinking about the ls801p...unless you guys have some ideas on getting more low end up front...Thanks for your help.

Out of curiosity, just how far back was the back of the room in feet? a guesstimate is fine.

Also how far back was the mix position?

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »

In the back of the room these really came alive...up in front there was not very much low end...I attribute this to being a horn loaded sub...I am now thinking about the ls801p
Kim,

Horn loaded and front loaded subs both fall off at the same rate, six dB per doubling of distance.
Whenever you encounter a low frequency difference from inverse distance law it is due to the room and placement, not the cabinet design.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »

Kim,

Horn loaded and front loaded subs both fall off at the same rate, six dB per doubling of distance.
Whenever you encounter a low frequency difference from inverse distance law it is due to the room and placement, not the cabinet design.

Thank you Art. Agree.

(Surprised at all the "go and buy" suggestions over the usual "what is the setup and lets correct that first" suggestion.)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

Thank you Art. Agree.

(Surprised at all the "go and buy" suggestions over the usual "what is the setup and lets correct that first" suggestion.)
We all know that money fixes everything, which is actually true if the money is being spent on an expert instead of some "magic bean."
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.