ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 01V96 Data Loss Issue  (Read 1753 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
01V96 Data Loss Issue
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

Okay, very weird.

On a show in November I was using my 01V96 for a breakout rehearsal room for a choir concert.  20 mics, all setup and no one had to babysit the gear.

On the second day of rehearsals I come in and all the memory is gone.  Of course I don't have anything backed up because my computer has Vista 64bit and Studio Manager only works on it once in a while.  Worst Windows version since ME.

So I get them up and running again using the factory default. 

Interesting enough, I check the battey and it says "I'M FINE!"

I don't use the 01V96 very ofter since I go tmy GLDs but I decided to rebuild my scenes.  I put them in there and decided I would leave the console on for an extended period of time and see what happens.  A day later, the screen goes blank and I need to reboot.  While starting up the console give me a warning that it can't back up the data because the battery is bad then it goes into the fader calibration page.

So I skip the fader calibration and finish booting up and sure enough the only scene in the console is the factory default.

I just replaced the battery and plan to leave the console on for a couple days to see if anything wierd happens again.

Have any of you guys with 01V96 consoles experienced anything bizarre like this and what was the outcome?

Thanks, Ryan

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: 01V96 Data Loss Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »

I've not had this issue, so can't comment on that directly.  However, I've got 4 01v96s in use, and I back the consoles up using a generic midi data recorder and the Midi Bulk Dump/Load feature on the console.  I use a Mac, so I use a little program called SysEx Librarian.  Free on the web.  That and a 7 dollar USB midi interface cable i got on eBay makes for a cogs cheap insurance policy.  There's probably a similar product for Windows, even the wretched Vista....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 01V96 Data Loss Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.