ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interfacing RTS 2-wire to a 4-wire system without using a Hybrid  (Read 23766 times)

Neil White

Re: Interfacing RTS 2-wire to a 4-wire system without using a Hybrid
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

There is another comm guru who sells the ISO only version of this in a smaller box with connectors mounted on the box for about $75.00.

Hi Pete,

Have you come across the Model 72 from Studio Technologies? http://www.studio-tech.com/product_m72.html

I'm sure they are a more expensive alternative but are another option for dual channel audio ISO box.

Neil

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »

Have you come across the Model 72 from Studio Technologies? http://www.studio-tech.com/product_m72.html

Yes, I was given a gift of one my Mr. Kapes, the designer and owner of Studio Technologies.  It is the epitome of a great Audio only box.  It has meters and a loop through wet comm side.  Mr Kapes really has the corner on the best intercom interface equipment bar none.  Here is the Model 72 listing at $245.00

The hybrids are astounding and have features that make them more than just a hybrid, like built in comm power supplies.  My favorite is the Model 47 with 2 independent hybrids with power on both pins 2 and 3.  Pair a couple of these with an RTS 1620 dialup and you have a terrific remote box.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:58:02 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Jim Roach

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »

Pete, thanks for sharing all the options and info. Since all I really need is a Clearcom iso only box, I think I'll build one using a Neutrik NA housing. A little pricey, but small and could be used without cables.

Neutrik NA housing  Male connector   Female connector

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:00:36 PM by Jim Roach »

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Interfacing RTS 2-wire to a 4-wire system without using a Hybrid
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 10:41:12 PM »

There is another comm guru who sells the ISO only version of this in a smaller box with connectors mounted on the box for about $75.00.   Audioman.  They work well.  They are small but need xlr cables to use.  It really should have been built in a case like the IL-19.

That looks very nice, and for a decent price too. I'll have to get a pair.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »

Pete, thanks for sharing all the options and info. Since all I really need is a Clearcom iso only box, I think I'll build one using a Neutrik NA housing.

Thanks for sharing this box info.  This is what the Audioman should have been built in.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Steve McCarthy

• The AudioMan ISO Box
    • AudioMan ISO Box
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »

There is another comm guru who sells the ISO only version of this in a smaller box with connectors mounted on the box for about $75.00.   Audioman.  They work well.  They are small but need xlr cables to use.  It really should have been built in a case like the IL-19.
I tried several configurations and ended up with the box you are all familiar with. I was torn between superior audio quality and convenient size. The AudioMan ISO Box would have been more than twice the size if I had used 1" transformers which would handle frequencies down to 10Hz. The ½" transformers I use in the ISO Box are 3db down at 16Hz. I tried extended male couplers in an extruded aluminum case to simulate the simplicity of the IL-19 but the box was way too heavy for the XLR connecter to support.

I hope you all like the product I manufacturer. It solves problems for intercoms as well as line level interface. I just can't get it any smaller to be practical as a straight inline adapter.

Steve McCarthy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:57:57 AM by Steve McCarthy »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber