ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] NEED HELP - Desperately needing help to split frequencies (01V96i)  (Read 14328 times)

Fernando Lucchesi

Now, here's a little mixing I did with the recordings I did that night. Man, this 16 tracks USB recording is a beautiful thing. The song is in Portuguese, but I guess that's not really the point. My favourite part is the backing vocals around 2:55, let me know what you guys think about it!

http://picosong.com/DTQ4/

Thanks for the help guys, I'll sure keep pestering all of you for a while!  :D

Nice recording for the night.  If I remember right I used type 1 to get as close as I could to a L/R filter. Type 2 as you say is a slightly steeper slope but I could get a closer L/R filter using type 1.
Glad things went well!
Put up another recording should you get a chance.

Douglas R. Allen

As a side note you can select your view of the meters on the meters page. You can select Pre Fade and eq , post eq , or post fade. This may give you better levels to keep those faders closer to 0db. (if you want)

Yep, when I discovered I could use the meters pos-faders I was so happy! LOL

Here's another mixing, I'm pretty sure you guys know this one... I still need to turn the drums and guitar way down (my monitors suck).

The drums seem a little bit loud and dull. I guess it's because of the compressor on the BUS channel. I'll check it out tomorrow...

http://picosong.com/DatF/

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound

Fernando, happy your event was successful.

Fernando Lucchesi

Off topic somewhat but my wedding turned out great. Mixed with the tablet and left the mixer just inside the trailer. Should you get a chance look into AirFader for your mixer. Learning curve but well worth it!
Douglas R. Allen

That's awesome, Douglas. Actually, I forgot to mention, I used Airfader that night. I just requested a free trial and I found it very adequate, although every time I heard a microphone feedback I ran back to the physical console, but yet, I found extremely helpful through the sound check, since very rarely I get to position the console directly ahead of the P.A.

I used to have a DL1608, since remotely controlling the mixer has turned into the new Big Thing, even small bands are requesting them now. Unfortunately I couldn't get used to it since I've had such bad experiences with it, especially with this Mackie product, I found it to be too much unreliable. The damn thing stopped working on me several times, and since I live in a small town of a third world country, there's no authorized assistance anywhere near. After 6 months with the damn thing sitting on the corner collecting dust  I decided to sell it. Actually, not even the guys who sell them know exactly where they go when they have to get them fixed. I think we all can agree guys in our line of work can't depend on something remotely unreliable.

About Airfader, US$ 99 feels a little salty right now. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any free option so far, I'll keep searching before I settle for Airdfader, but one thing I'm sure about is, I'm definitely sticking with my 01V, the damn things feels like a war horse.

Fernando Lucchesi

Fernando, happy your event was successful.

Thanks, Don! You guys helped a LOT!

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk

Fernando, check the yahoo 01v96 group, you'll find lots of great information there.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/01v96/info

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any free option so far, I'll keep searching before I settle for Airdfader, but one thing I'm sure about is, I'm definitely sticking with my 01V, the damn things feels like a war horse.

Studio Manager running online on a PC with the 01V and TeamViewer (or VNC) as PC remote from the iPad have worked for me many, many times during soundcheck. Didn't get to try Airfader. It's been a while since I ran a show (with more than 3 channels: CD+Speech mic) on a 01V...

Gotta love the 01v though... Years ago we had a rig with 16 extra Behringer preamps on an adat card (2x ADA8000) + 4 TL Audio tube preamps on channels 13>16. Lots of bands and cabaret shows in squat houses and small town shows using this system . Most of the time, with input channel count to the max. 01v performed fine every time...

Still, a small wifi router travels with me every gig for many years and the VNC/iPad combo is as useful as ever during system running and soundcheck (smart remote, LA Network Manager, etc...)

Boa sorte com a 01

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Fernando Lucchesi

Fernando, check the yahoo 01v96 group, you'll find lots of great information there.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/01v96/info

Thanks, Jano. I'll make sure to check it out!

Fernando Lucchesi

Studio Manager running online on a PC with the 01V and TeamViewer (or VNC) as PC remote from the iPad have worked for me many, many times during soundcheck. Didn't get to try Airfader. It's been a while since I ran a show (with more than 3 channels: CD+Speech mic) on a 01V...

Gotta love the 01v though... Years ago we had a rig with 16 extra Behringer preamps on an adat card (2x ADA8000) + 4 TL Audio tube preamps on channels 13>16. Lots of bands and cabaret shows in squat houses and small town shows using this system . Most of the time, with input channel count to the max. 01v performed fine every time...

Still, a small wifi router travels with me every gig for many years and the VNC/iPad combo is as useful as ever during system running and soundcheck (smart remote, LA Network Manager, etc...)

Boa sorte com a 01

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

Hey, Diogo!

I tried using TeamViewer, but I found its response too slow and clumsy. I'll try it again when my trail period on the AirFader runs out. You should definitely check it out, it's really awesome, even for small gigs, its quick response and easy access to the main features of the console are really great.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Hey, Diogo!

I tried using TeamViewer, but I found its response too slow and clumsy. I'll try it again when my trail period on the AirFader runs out. You should definitely check it out, it's really awesome, even for small gigs, its quick response and easy access to the main features of the console are really great.

Teamviewer uses the Internet.  Don't use Teamviewer.  Use something that uses the LAN as transport.  VNC is lightweight and works very well.  Set static addresses on everything outside the scope of the DHCP server.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.