ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMM 2013 - NON-Behringer items  (Read 13074 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
NAMM 2013 - NON-Behringer items
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

Just a few things I noticed at the show. Sorry I don't have much detail about them. Anyone else with NAMM stuff, feel free to add to this thread!

Peavey SB3216 stagebox, mixrack and Waves software mixer (64 in, 32 out).

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:57:16 PM by Mike Pyle »
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: NAMM 2013 - NON-Behringer items
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »

Allen & Heath ME1 personal monitor mixer that runs on ACE network.

http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=MESystem&ProductId=ME1
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:38:37 PM by Mike Pyle »
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:08 AM »

VUE dual 15" & quad 18" subs. I was surprised at how compact the quad 18" was. For scale, the coffee cup is a "Grande". :)

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 05:45:58 AM »

I didn't see the SB3216 on Peavey's list of press releases, it doesn't look like they're under the AA name either based on the logos... (In fact, a google search only came up with this thread)
Any more information on those? Is the software mixer shown meant to be the only method of mixing or is there a console to match those in the works?

If you don't have anything on them that's fine, I'm just curious; they definitely look like something of a new direction for Peavey. (If you can find anything about availability or pricing for the new Elements line of speakers too, but again no biggy if you can't)
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:03:07 AM »

they definitely look like something of a new direction for Peavey.

I've been expecting a Peavey digital mixer for ages.  Peavey have had the Mediamatrix stuff for a long time, and they were early to use DSP in things like mixers and EQs.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »

I didn't see the SB3216 on Peavey's list of press releases, it doesn't look like they're under the AA name either based on the logos... (In fact, a google search only came up with this thread)
Any more information on those? Is the software mixer shown meant to be the only method of mixing or is there a console to match those in the works?

Here is a news article about it.

Waves eMotion LV1

The Peavey 32x16 stageboxes have built in ethernet switch, 2 AES outs, wordclock in/out, midi in/out, soundgrid ports. I have a pretty basic cutsheet that I'll scan and post when I have a chance.

Also found this article regarding Waves & Digico collaboration.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »

Here is a news article about it.

Waves eMotion LV1

The Peavey 32x16 stageboxes have built in ethernet switch, 2 AES outs, wordclock in/out, midi in/out, soundgrid ports. I have a pretty basic cutsheet that I'll scan and post when I have a chance.

Also found this article regarding Waves & Digico collaboration.

Maybe this explains why Waves TDM plug-in bundles were discounted ONCE in the last couple of years, but they seem to have other formats on sale all the time... to provide incentive for their mixing product compared to Avid Venue with its TDM architecture.  Or they see the end of the road for TDM and are trying to extract the maximum revenue before EOL.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Clark

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »

Thanks for the info, Mike

I've been expecting a Peavey digital mixer for ages.  Peavey have had the Mediamatrix stuff for a long time, and they were early to use DSP in things like mixers and EQs.
I'm right there with you Kristian. I'm a bit surprised they haven't made the jump from the contractor/install Media Matrix lines to a more traditional live-format digital console...

But then at the same time I look at some of the digital mis-steps they have taken in recent years: the underpowered CPU of the original FX series, the semi-aborted VSX series before it was really "complete" (the -48 was basically discontinued before ever really being available, despite a few specimens making it to retailers, along with the incomplete control software which is also no more), and a lack of real promotion of the Digitools which as I understand it are slated to be the replacement for the VSX and the main reason the VSX project was aborted.

I've also seen more recent issues getting their full Class-D IPR line of amps to market (the 5000 and 7500 are still nonexistant, from what I've seen).

I've seen Peavey go both ways with new products - sometimes they're announced years in advance and barely make it to market after a few years, other times it seems like they rush products to market before they're ready for it. But either way, you don't really see them doing much in the way of incorporating technology across their divisions (a la Behringer/Midas) - at least not advertised. There is rarely anything in their promotion about their digital products being in any way related to their bigger lines, short of some rebadged cross-branded products (the Digitool and some of their amps with Architectural Acoustics, for example).

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this into a Peavey thread, just expressing my thoughts. Back to Non-Behringer NAMM products!

Jack keaton

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »

I've also seen more recent issues getting their full Class-D IPR line of amps to market (the 5000 and 7500 are still nonexistant, from what I've seen).

They have a few of these floating around now, There are a few testers out there and they want them to put them through their paces these will be out I would assume with in the year.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Semper-Fi-Sound-LLC/250578139811?ref=ts&fref=ts

Chris Clark

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »

I interact with Steve quite regularly over on the Peavey forums, I know he had been involved in a discussion about still waiting for the larger 5k and 7.5k IPR models a couple months ago. I only see 1600 and 3000 models in the pictures, if he did manage to finally get some 5000 and 7500 models then I'll say its about time, last I knew most retailers were experiencing the same thing the X32 and S16 experienced - delivery dates being continually pushed back.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.