ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Si Expression - Desk to compete with Behringer, Presonus, etc  (Read 54723 times)

Brian Wilkinson

Re: Soundcraft Si Expression - Desk to compete with Behringer, Presonus, etc
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »

Looks like I picked the wrong week to think about selling mine!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Soundcraft Si Expression - Desk to compete with Behringer, Presonus, etc
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »

It does look nice. Room on the left for an Ipad type device. Built in wifi or ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlU7Stq__c8

Douglas R. Allen

It's exactly like an Si Compact, which has been out for a long time u fortunately. It's barely a new product, mostly a price drop.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

It's exactly like an Si Compact, which has been out for a long time u fortunately. It's barely a new product, mostly a price drop.

Still no scribble strips. I like the performer better, but honestly I'm not in love with any of the compact line.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »

Very disappointing - I like the new cards for recording, but my Compact Stage Box with MADI and a few of my SI-compacts just became redundant.

Would you rather Soundcraft made themselves redundant?  What would THAT do for second-hand prices, not to mention factory support?

If anyone is still in doubt:  The X-32 has in fact turned out to be a game-changer in it's segment!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »

The rack mount is definately a game changer. As a matter of fact it would be right at home next to my APB Pro House. Regardless, Soundcraft is a name I trust for quality and support, and that for me puts it in a league above everything else in it's class at this point in time.

http://soundtechuk.blogspot.com/
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »

Any ideas/guesses to what the digital snake will run?

16x8 MAP$899
32x16 MAP $1299
+the MADI card for your desk

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

Here is a better link to the product line.
http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=191
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Gary Weller

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »

16x8 MAP$899
32x16 MAP $1299
+the MADI card for your desk

Nice. Behringer needs to step up and offer a 32x16 stagebox.

Nicolas Poisson

• Paris, France
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 04:33:50 AM »

I do not understand why people keep complaining about resale price each time a new product is released. And I even do not understand why they complain as if it was a new phenomenon.

People complain that digital desks made the price of good old but huge  analogue desks drop. People complain that the GLD-80 made the price of the SI-compact drop. People complain that the X32 made the price of all similar previous desks drop. etc.

But do you really care ? I mean, except the fact to self-convince that manufacturers are bad guys, except the pleasure to enjoy frustration of having paid so high an already outdated product, what does it change to your daily life ?

To me there are two approaches:
- either you are a week-end warrior (like me), you bought a SI-C last year and you planed to be use it for about a decade whatever new product are released. You knew that when you bought the console. The features brought by new products are sexy, but they do not justify a new investment because your needs are not that high and your current desk is OK. So you do not need to complain about resale price because you never thought you would resale it. Or if you resale it, this is after ten years and you knew the price will be really low anyway.
- Or you are a real pro and you think in terms of return of investment. The contracts you have cover the console price. When you no longer need the desk, you resale it but you do not mind the price because this is just "slighltly more money". You did not build your business profitability based on the resale price of gears.

But how many of you guys are week-end warriors rich enough to change your desk as often as cellphones ? Only those may suffer from low resale price.

Behringer made Soundcraft to cut the SI-C price (basically, this is no more than that). Great news for new customers.

Plus, be happy that the X32 and SL recording feature made soundcraft to release a USB/Firewire card. And be happy that Soundcraft engineers were clever engough to build all the SI-series on a common base that makes this new card compatible with older products.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »

I do not understand why people keep complaining about resale price each time a new product is released. And I even do not understand why they complain as if it was a new phenomenon.

People complain that digital desks made the price of good old but huge  analogue desks drop. People complain that the GLD-80 made the price of the SI-compact drop. People complain that the X32 made the price of all similar previous desks drop. etc.

But do you really care ? I mean, except the fact to self-convince that manufacturers are bad guys, except the pleasure to enjoy frustration of having paid so high an already outdated product, what does it change to your daily life ?
I think people who make purchases as part of a business do care as it changes some of the fiscal dynamics of those purchases.  Purchases may have included the expected value should you ever want to upgrade, liquidate, etc.  Creditors look at your inventory and consider its resale value.  Compensation if existing gear is stolen or damaged is affected can be based on current value.  And so on, a rapid drop in resale value can have numerous direct implications.

The box is open and it will probably stay open, but it does change things and that is understandably frustrating for those caught in the transition.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.