ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland Systems Group/ Roland m-200i Mixer  (Read 4271 times)

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
Roland Systems Group/ Roland m-200i Mixer
« on: February 25, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »

I was waiting to weigh in on my experience here until I was able to talk to customer support with Roland Systems Group about my experience. I just got off the phone with them after 3 days of emails and phone calls asking them to contact me regarding an RA.

To make a long story short I purchased a Roland m-200i console 3 weeks ago. I was proud to be buying something of quality and was willing to pay the extra price for the Roland over the X32 based on quality and after purchase support.

First gig with the mixer was great EXCEPT the #2 input jack was broken. The next Monday I took it to a local repair facility that does repairs for all major and even no major brands. Expensive place but the best in town, and a reputation for quality work. I paid a $80 rush fee and asked them to look at it right away since I needed it back ASAP (mind you I have only used the mixer once and owned it only a matter of days). The local service center called the next day said they do not do warranty for "Roland systems Group"…just "Roland".  I didn't know there was a difference! In fact Roland Systems Group told them no repair centers are allowed to work on these, and that in order to get a warranty repair done it must be sent directly back to Roland Systems Group. SHADY!

So I go pick up the mixer from the repair shop and await a response from "Roland Systems Group" on how to proceed.

Roland finally sends me an RA# a few days later and I ship the unit to them for repair. Here we are 2 weeks after and Roland is just getting to my unit today. Probably another week or so before it ships to my door repaired. Very frustrating!

If you are not going to allow local repair facilities to service warranty repairs then at least have a fast system for warranty repairs in house. Or better yet send a replacement/loaner unit to use until the broken unit gets repaired which is what most companies do.

Their communication was also less then stellar and felt at times rude.

To all buyers beware of Roland Systems Group. I flat out told the Roland Rep (Danny G.) that if they want to be able to compete with the big boys (Yamaha, Avid, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft) then they need to provide better after purchase support. Now matter how good the product buzz is on these m-200i mixers if you don't have continued good product support you will not gain any market share. You will also get customer purchase regret, which doesn't exactly help long term brand loyalty. He didn't really seem to care and just said thanks for calling and that he would talk to someone about this.

Not impressed with my first experience with Roland Systems Group.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:50:20 PM by Steven Leonard »

Mike H Williams

Re: Roland Systems Group/ Roland m-200i Mixer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »

I was waiting to weigh in on my experience here until I was able to talk to customer support with Roland Systems Group about my experience. I just got off the phone with them after 3 days of emails and phone calls asking them to contact me regarding an RA.

To make a long story short I purchased a Roland m-200i console 3 weeks ago. I was proud to be buying something of quality and was willing to pay the extra price for the Roland over the X32 based on quality and after purchase support.

First gig with the mixer was great EXCEPT the #2 input jack was broken. The next Monday I took it to a local repair facility that does repairs for all major and even no major brands. Expensive place but the best in town, and a reputation for quality work. I paid a $80 rush fee and asked them to look at it right away since I needed it back ASAP (mind you I have only used the mixer once and owned it only a matter of days). The local service center called the next day said they do not do warranty for "Roland systems Group"…just "Roland".  I didn't know there was a difference! In fact Roland Systems Group told them no repair centers are allowed to work on these, and that in order to get a warranty repair done it must be sent directly back to Roland Systems Group. SHADY!

So I go pick up the mixer from the repair shop and await a response from "Roland Systems Group" on how to proceed.

Roland finally sends me an RA# a few days later and I ship the unit to them for repair. Here we are 2 weeks after and Roland is just getting to my unit today. Probably another week or so before it ships to my door repaired. Very frustrating!

If you are not going to allow local repair facilities to service warranty repairs then at least have a fast system for warranty repairs in house. Or better yet send a replacement/loaner unit to use until the broken unit gets repaired which is what most companies do.

Their communication was also less then stellar and felt at times rude.

To all buyers beware of Roland Systems Group. I flat out told the Roland Rep (Danny G.) that if they want to be able to compete with the big boys (Yamaha, Avid, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft) then they need to provide better after purchase support. Now matter how good the product buzz is on these m-200i mixers if you don't have continued good product support you will not gain any market share. You will also get customer purchase regret, which doesn't exactly help long term brand loyalty. He didn't really seem to care and just said thanks for calling and that he would talk to someone about this.

Not impressed with my first experience with Roland Systems Group.

Wow! this is good to know. Thx for sharing your experience.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »

Steve, sorry to hear you're having problems with their latest baby.  I have a lot of Roland REAC/RSS/VMixer gears in the shop that's been in use for a few years: M-400, M-480, M-48, R-1000, S-1608, S4000...you name it.  The equipment are well-built, have been bulletproof and really sound good.  I am with you on their support side though.  For one, they never return emails or phone calls on technical questions I've asked.  I just had to keep calling and hope to catch someone.

I commend you for making noise on the forum.  Let's hope they read PSW

Cheers,
JR
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.