ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First Night with a MixWiz3 16-2. Observations  (Read 5014 times)

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
Re: First Night with a MixWiz3 16-2. Observations
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »

Steve, Just ordered from Audiopile this AM.  On its way.  $600 a steal, I paid $700 but don't feel slighted in the least.

Rather than lugging a mixer case, snake case, multiple effects cases and having to hook it all up at each gig, I bought this and LOVE it!  The snake stays attached coiled in the bottom.  Pull out the snake, run power and I'm operational.

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/CU_Series_Roadracks/CU-P-22/CU-P-22_series_cutsheet.shtml

Dean O. Reed

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »

Rather than lugging a mixer case, snake case, multiple effects cases and having to hook it all up at each gig, I bought this and LOVE it!  The snake stays attached coiled in the bottom.  Pull out the snake, run power and I'm operational.

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/CU_Series_Roadracks/CU-P-22/CU-P-22_series_cutsheet.shtml
You make me long for the days when I owned my van. 

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »

Truth, but I never expected such a difference.  Yamaha used to carry a fairly good name.
As others have said, some of the low end boards suffer in many areas. I really dislike the low end Yamaha boards primarily because the EQ is terrible which is my same gripe with the Mackie, Behringer and Carvin boards I've used. The MixWiz was the first sub $1k board that I used that had useable EQ. I use a Yammy MG every week at my churches youth room and to say I dislike it is an understatement. 

John Penkala

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Scott,
         You could also e-tape your FOH power cable to your snake to simplify setup. You would have to have space in the bottom of the rack for the extra cable.

JP

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.