ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOH Rack  (Read 3247 times)

Michael Gorecki

FOH Rack
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:43 AM »

Just had a curious thought. What do you guys find necessary to have in FOH rack with all the digital consoles and System controllers available? I've never really bought high quality outboard gear and it almost doesn't seem like a necessity anymore.

At any rate what do you guys use and why?

Michael   

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: FOH Rack
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »

Just had a curious thought. What do you guys find necessary to have in FOH rack with all the digital consoles and System controllers available? I've never really bought high quality outboard gear and it almost doesn't seem like a necessity anymore.

At any rate what do you guys use and why?

Michael

CD burner/player
dbx 160 (x2)
KT DN360
TrippLite Smart UPS
Ashley Protea 4.24C for system control L/R/Subs/FF (alignment delays, some voicing EQ for BEs)

The 2 analog pieces are available to patch in line with L/R.  We kept them because a few BEs wanted "something analog" between the desk and the amps.  They get used maybe 20% of the time.

The CD burner and UPS get used the most.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

jason misterka

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:16 AM »

Our digital consoles these days go out with a rolling rack with a UPS, clear com power supply, and network router built in.  It has a drawer where I keep com beltpacks, extra data cables, and other little bits. 

The consoles that have redundant external power supplies have those in the rack.  The consoles that have an extra rack mounted I/O box have those on the back of the rack with W2 cabling.

Once a year someone asks for an external eq.  Most people who do are usually happy if an iPod or laptop is in sync next to the console displaying the EQ.

Jason

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »

I have my LS9-16 in the top, and I have my expanders under it and an analog stereo eq for quick fixes (soon to be removed), but the biggie is the 3 space rack drawer. I have advil, aleve, my ipad, batteries, flashlight, protein bars, etc. in there. Also, I built this rack extra long and my snake lives in it, stays connected.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad106/brodave2/000_0017640x480.jpg

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:10:45 AM by David Parker »

Josh Hana

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

Our digital consoles these days go out with a rolling rack with a UPS, clear com power supply, and network router built in.  It has a drawer where I keep com beltpacks, extra data cables, and other little bits. 

The consoles that have redundant external power supplies have those in the rack.  The consoles that have an extra rack mounted I/O box have those on the back of the rack with W2 cabling.

Jason

Basically this. We have a pm5d at FOH most of the time, so our FOH rack is 2 PSU, UPS, a CD player, and drawer for clearcom and misc adaptors.

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »

Here is one that I use a lot, although it's not mine.

LS/9-16
Apple Airport Extreme
Furman (Power Strip/Utility Lighting)
APC Battery Backup
Tascam CD-Player
Cesar Salad Dressing
Aviom 16/o
Aviom 16/i
BIG drawer
Cat-5 & PowerCon Patch Panel
Small Drawer to hold Power & Cat 5 Tails.

This year, the Aviom stuff will be updated and they will be adding an Aviom Card to the console, which will free up another couple of spaces in this rack... maybe another BIG drawer to stash more snacks and drinks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.