ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has Speakon Y cables ?  (Read 22001 times)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: Re: Who has Speakon Y cables ?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »

If you insist on using Pro Audio speakers for your home theater rig, at least get something that will actually perform well in this application.

JTR makes several good choices:  http://jtrspeakers.com/
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Travis_Valois

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »

If you insist on using Pro Audio speakers for your home theater rig, at least get something that will actually perform well in this application.

JTR makes several good choices:  http://jtrspeakers.com/

+1

Avraam J. Dectis

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »

+1

Thanks for the advice. I will check out those speakers.

Monitors are what I thought would be the best choice. The LSR 6332 is 3K for a pair and that is more than I can budget for the next month or three.  .  I am just looking for a happy ( not too expensive ) medium .

But speaking of the LSR - "Dynamic Braking"  -  is that really a useful feature?   Why would you need that with a high damping factor?

Here is the blurb:

252G Low Frequency Transducer
The neodymium 12" woofer is based on JBL patented Differential Drive® technology. With the neodymium structure and dual drive coils, power com- pression is kept to a minimum to reduce spectral shift as power level increase. An added third coil between the drive coils acts as a dynamic brake to limit excess excursion and reduce audible distortion at the highest levels. The cone is made of a graphite polypropylene composite forming a rigid piston supported by a soft butyl rubber surround.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Who has Speakon Y cables ?
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »

Its all marketing hype to get you to pay for something that they were going to include anyway.

Heres a thought. Go to a store and blindly pick out a few speakers and listen to them. Pick the ones YOU like best. Not the ones that tell you to like them best.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

Who has Speakon Y cables ?
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.