ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody check these out yet? Presonus Studiolive 315AI  (Read 6562 times)

Josh Billings

Anybody check these out yet? Presonus Studiolive 315AI
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:29:42 AM »

http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-315AI

These things look really interesting and I'm in the market for some new portable FOH speakers.

2,000 watts at any kind of decent sensitivity should mean some fairly loud small boxes (love the coaxial design).

Really hoping these are as good as they look, anybody have any experience with these at all?

Josh Billings

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Anybody check these out yet? Presonus Studiolive 315AI
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »

No SPL numbers yet. If they have impressive real measured SPL specs, they'll be kinda neat. I feel like the field doesn't need any more spectacularly not loud powered speakers. Dante input is unique, hopefully it starts a trend.

Jerome Malsack

Re: Anybody check these out yet? Presonus Studiolive 315AI
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »

One of my thought on this is surface mount electronics in a cabnet with speakers.  VIBRATION.  Computing power and DSP with HEAT.  I for one would like to see some serious testing on Vibration and heat.  Outside in South heat 104. 

Placing my power amps in some control from heat loads helps.  I have the amps sometimes in the back of the vehicle with the AC running to keep the temps under control.  Now they have added CPU, Ram, and DSP processing.  Computers have not been heat friendly. 

Josh Billings

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »

One of my thought on this is surface mount electronics in a cabnet with speakers.  VIBRATION.  Computing power and DSP with HEAT.  I for one would like to see some serious testing on Vibration and heat.  Outside in South heat 104. 

Placing my power amps in some control from heat loads helps.  I have the amps sometimes in the back of the vehicle with the AC running to keep the temps under control.  Now they have added CPU, Ram, and DSP processing.  Computers have not been heat friendly.

Most of the new amps don't get very hot at all though. So I don't know how much of a problem that would be, these look to be great though. Hopefully we can get some measurements and specifics here shortly.

Josh

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »

You worry too much
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:14:06 AM »

Really hoping these are as good as they look, anybody have any experience with these at all?
Definitely interested to hear the StudioLive AI speakers but while some dealers appear to be accepting orders but from what I can find:

• Availability is hoped to be April/May.
  • What has recently been shown are apparently prototypes and they are still tweaking things.
  • There are no technical specifications as they do not yet have a 'production' unit to test and apparently have not fully tested the prototypes.
  • Apparently misunderstood by some, the integrated Ethernet connectivity and provided USB Wi-Fi adapter are for control, there is no wireless audio and networked audio will be dependent on using the optional Dante cards.
So I'm guessing it may be a little while before we get specs for or listening reviews of the final products.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »

I heard them at NAMM last week. Pretty low volume set up with mostly acoustic music but they did seem to sound nice. Apparently Presonus had a media night demo too and from what I hear from a few scattered listeners the speakers were impressive.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.