ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PreSonus 32.4.2  (Read 13855 times)

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
Re: PreSonus 32.4.2
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »

I'm starting to run across the random SL with dead faders and other bugs now, only time will tell if the x32 has the same issues but if I was dropping 2,700 to 4K on a digital console I already know that the x32 would get my check. (Unless i found an sc48 in some weird estate sale for that price)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »

While it's too soon to tell, I'm guessing their speakers are going to go over about as well as the Line 6 speakers.

Buying a Mixer from Presonus? Possibly, since they do at least know preamps very well. Speakers? Not me.

And this mixer looks to be a fail as well, given the lack of motorized faders (same language used on their 16 and 24-channel boards with respect to 'Quick Scene Recall').

I'm betting Behringer and Mackie's new mixer announcements at NAMM (smaller, bigger) will leave Presonus and Line 6 facepalming each other in the corner. but that's just a guess.

Jack keaton

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 02:43:53 AM »

Im hoping that they left things out of the article to still have that "Wow Factor" that used to be at NAMM. However I think it's more along the lines of what has been said already it's just a bigger version of what's available with some of the missing things added on. And the speakers have the possibility to be cool but I guess we will see this weekend.

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 03:25:01 AM »

It's unfortunate that it looks likes the 32 channel SL will be pretty much more of the same. I have the 24 but was hoping they would add some other features (motorized faders, ethernet snake, etc)

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:03 PM »

It's unfortunate that it looks likes the 32 channel SL will be pretty much more of the same. I have the 24 but was hoping they would add some other features (motorized faders, ethernet snake, etc)

If I remember correctly, the write up says that it has Dante networking for a digital snake.
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
PreSonus 32.4.2
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »

I don't think it said "digital snake" specifically. It said the mixer "supports" Dante, and that the speakers have slots for "future" options like Dante. We'll see what all that means, exactly. If it had a digital snake by default like GLD you'd think they would spell that out.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »

their press release said that it "supports Dante and thunderbolt," which leads me to believe it will be an additional card cost on top of the $4K price.

If you're using a Dante network, is this mixer even in the ring of contenders?

cliff truesdell

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »

Info claims that the speakers are co-designed with Psonus and Dave Gunness/Fulcrum Audio. Sounds tempting.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

Info claims that the speakers are co-designed with Psonus and Dave Gunness/Fulcrum Audio. Sounds tempting.
It definitely adds some legitimacy but it would be interesting to know what that involvement or relationship actually is or was.  From the press release it sounds as though Dave and Fulcrum were involved in providing some TQ processing for the AI products but it also says that information was provided to PreSonus software engineers and it does not say that Dave or Fulcrum Acoustic were involved in any other aspects of the product design or in approving the final product.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.