ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Marketplace rant  (Read 10317 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Marketplace rant
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »

And what's with the "PM me for pix and info".  If you've got pix, post 'em.  If you've got the info, give it.

The whole point is I'm looking through posts on Ebay, CL, here, there, everywhere. I don't, and I know you don't have the time to send emails, ask for pictures, where are you located and all that other crap. If a seller doesn't post the details, location and price at a minimum I don't give the item of post a second thought and move on.

And what's with FS: Mixer, or FS: speakers. Lazy is all, just lazy people without a clue.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 04:17:35 AM »

What rips my bus ticket is FS ads with no price stated. I know that somewhere in the PT Barnham school of marketing, there is some axiom that states that that the first person to name a price loses but I just can't be bothered with the dicking around. No price = no interest.
M

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »

Or someone who is posting ALL IN CAPS... I'm just looking at it, and wondering "Why are you yelling at me?"

Oh well. We can all pass on them... I just wonder why people don't take more of an interest in actually selling their items. It's even more funny when you see the same ad, for the same item(s), for the same price, a couple weeks/months later.

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jack keaton

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »

I've been searching for a enclosed trailer and I see so many CL ad's with picture taken in the dead of night. You cant see anything, its a sure fire way for me to pass on it.

Paul Dershem

• San Diego, CA
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

What rips my bus ticket is FS ads with no price stated. I know that somewhere in the PT Barnham school of marketing, there is some axiom that states that that the first person to name a price loses but I just can't be bothered with the dicking around. No price = no interest.
M

Yep. My feelings exactly.
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending
Speak without offending.

Ted Christensen

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »

The funny thing is. After all these posts. Nothings changed in the market place.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »

The funny thing is. After all these posts. Nothings changed in the market place.

I saw a change machine in the airport the other day.  I put in a dollar.  Nothing changed.....
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ted Christensen

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 12:13:45 PM »

I saw a change machine in the airport the other day.  I put in a dollar.  Nothing changed.....

Joke of the day. Nice one.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 12:20:31 PM »

Come on!!! I put description, price and zip in the title alone, so you dont even have to open it up.

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

M

Absolutely!!! I saw someone selling a large list of nice gear here (or the other forum) recently, and at then end was the old "make me an offer, no lowballs or dreamers" ....
 I just move on when I see that crap... If you can't put a price on your gear, your probably not going to be too happy with the price I want to pay for it. List a price and let's all get on with our lives.

Also... it's 2013, listing items for sale on the internet WITHOUT a picture, just blows my mind.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.