ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro1 AES  (Read 5957 times)

David Jameson

• SR Forums
Pro1 AES
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

Is it possible through AES and a Pro1 to have a computer on the network and record the audio? (like with the CL series and Dante)  If possible, what would be needed on the computer side...AES driver??

Pro1 to a switch, DL251 to the switch, computer to the switch.....record audio into software multi-track

Thanks in advance.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Pro1 AES
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:50:40 AM »

Is it possible through AES and a Pro1 to have a computer on the network and record the audio? (like with the CL series and Dante)  If possible, what would be needed on the computer side...AES driver??

Pro1 to a switch, DL251 to the switch, computer to the switch.....record audio into software multi-track

Thanks in advance.

No.  You cannot directly feed a computer with AES digital without an interface.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

Thanks in advance.
Altough AES50 uses RJ45 connectors and Cat5 cabling, it doensn't use ethernet. So your switch won't work. If you want to record digitally from a midas device you'll need an soundcard with AES3/EBU input, or use s/p diff with the optinal convertor.
If you want multichannel you have two options:
- AES50 card with 32 i/o per card, either on pci or thunderbolt
- KT DN9650 AES50 bridge. With Dante or Madi card. With:
  Digico ub/madi usb soundcard with 64 i/0 on 48k or 32 i/o on 96k
  Dante virtual soundcard with 48 i/o
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:19:37 PM by Jelmer de Jong »

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

Had that feeling as I was unable to find much information on AES and recording.  I was hoping I was missing something :)

Thanks for all the info.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »

Lynx AES16e-50 will give you AES50 I/O to a computer along with the necessary drivers.  http://www.lynxstudio.com/product_detail.asp?i=16 . It's a PCIe card, so not really suitable for laptops unless you have an external expansion box. $900.  I haven't used this card for AES50 but I have used the AES16e for years with Aurora16 converters. Rock solid hardware and software.

from http://www.lynxstudio.com/nav/getFile.asp?i=108&t=productfile :
Updated Information August, 2012. New Firmware for the AES16e-50 optimizes performance with the PRO Series consoles that feature the AES50 interface. The AES16e-50 provides 24 channels of 96 kHz digital I/O for use with ProTools and Logic software. Up to 72 channels (3 AES16e-50) are supported with this new firmware.

48 I/O channels available via AES50 Port. Recording and playback on 32 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, 24 channels at 88.2/96 kHz, and 12 channels at 176.4/192 kHz using standard CAT5e or CAT6 cable.

Mark McFarlane

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »

Thanks Mark.  I saw this card but as you say, with my laptop it is not much use.  I believe the way to go is the KT DN9650 bridge.  The price appears to have come down a good bit and is not too bad now.

Thanks.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »

Thanks Mark.  I saw this card but as you say, with my laptop it is not much use.  I believe the way to go is the KT DN9650 bridge.  The price appears to have come down a good bit and is not too bad now.

Thanks.

What plug in modules do you plan to buy for the DN? Dante? Madi?
Mark McFarlane

David Jameson

• SR Forums
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »

Not sure....will have to do a little more research.  I'm leaning towards Dante based on what I have seen with the CL series.  Suggestions?

Thanks again.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »

Not sure....will have to do a little more research.  I'm leaning towards Dante based on what I have seen with the CL series.  Suggestions?

Thanks again.

I have no experience with any of the high density digital formats so no suggestions :)
Mark McFarlane

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:33:52 AM »

I think you can use a Sonnet PCI to thunderbolt chassis.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:33:52 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.