ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Venue software, more than 16 "aux's" now?  (Read 4072 times)

peter dakin

Updated Venue software, more than 16 "aux's" now?
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:18:46 AM »

So I'm on a profile next week in Monitor world.. its been a long time.

I've read, with the new software, you can now have 24 busses using the variable groups? This might be old news, but its been 3 years since I've used one in anger.

My question is if the groups are set up as monitor mixes, how do you dial stuff in, whilst in fader flip mode? Or is it a case of AUX 1-16 are flippable, and the further 8 mixes (V.Groups) are encoder only?

or is there something I'm forgetting..

Josh Hana

Re: Updated Venue software, more than 16 "aux's" now?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

Once you set up the 24 bus mode (config mode>options>System>bus configuration), You can select the variable groups either as the output fader layer or the 3rd page of "aux sends" in the input channel section. This will change the aux 1-8 buttons in the flip to faders section to var. groups 1-8, as well as the aux send encoders in the input section. They will then act just as the regular aux sends, you can pull them up on the assignable ch. encoders, or flip them to faders just as you would the auxes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:47:20 AM by Josh Hana »

peter dakin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:00:43 AM »

Once you set up the 24 bus mode (config mode>options>System>bus configuration), You can select the variable groups either as the output fader layer or the 3rd page of "aux sends" in the input channel section. This will change the aux 1-8 buttons in the flip to faders section to var. groups 1-8, as well as the aux send encoders in the input section. They will then act just as the regular aux sends, you can pull them up on the assignable ch. encoders, or flip them to faders just as you would the auxes.
Thanks for the reply. It was simple enough once I was infront of the bloody thing!

One issue I had, that I couldn't solve, was my cue/listen wedge was about 10dB louder than actual mix.
In the "solo & monitor operations" window, pfl was selected, level trim was at 0dB.. I just brought my cue fader down to match.
Sadly I was using someone else's show file, but couldn't see anything obvious ticked.
Monitors were M2's all on D12's, all with same OS.
The fact it was 10dB made me think it was a setting somewhere. All outputs were from one stage-box, so it's not a stage-box/FOH mismatch.

Sheldon Radford

• Avid VENEU Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

One issue I had, that I couldn't solve, was my cue/listen wedge was about 10dB louder than actual mix.

Hi Peter,

It's a long shot, but what you describe sounds like what would happen if the  talkback "dim" function was on. There's a setting on the Options page that allows you to "dim" (attenuate) the mix level when talkback is on and active in that mix. Sometimes this can be left on by accident.

Check the Options page for this setting and see what it's set to; also, check and see if Talkback is on and assigned to the mixes that are low in level. Both of those would be clues. BUT....before doing either of these things turn all mix masters DOWN, so as not to be surprised if the mixes gain back up to normal once the mystery's been solved.

Sheldon Radford
Avid

peter dakin

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

It's a long shot, but what you describe sounds like what would happen if the  talkback "dim" function was on. There's a setting on the Options page that allows you to "dim" (attenuate) the mix level when talkback is on and active in that mix. Sometimes this can be left on by accident.

Check the Options page for this setting and see what it's set to; also, check and see if Talkback is on and assigned to the mixes that are low in level. Both of those would be clues. BUT....before doing either of these things turn all mix masters DOWN, so as not to be surprised if the mixes gain back up to normal once the mystery's been solved.

Sheldon Radford
Avid
Doh!
Sounds like a good place to start. I shall investigate when I'm back on that particular show-file at the weekend.
Never had it with my own show-files... But I don't use the dim/talkback features.
Many thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.