ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie TT24 Adat out: Pre or post DSP?  (Read 4493 times)

Mats-Olof Söderberg

Mackie TT24 Adat out: Pre or post DSP?
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »

Hi!

I´m Mats from Sweden and I´ve been reading a lot of the digital mixer Mackie TT24 here at this forum. Many useful tips I think.

Now, I´m about to purchase a TT24 but need to know one thing about the ability to use the internal DSP before sending the signal via Adat out to my Alesis HD24.
Is this possible???

I want to use the mixer in my home studio for recording, not for live mixing.

Hope anyone have an answer to my question, please.

Sincerly
Mats

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
Re: Mackie TT24 Adat out: Pre or post DSP?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

I hope you're getting a KILLER deal, cause I would not be that excited to have that console as the centerpiece of any studio I'm working in. The digital 8-bus was slightly more suited for the task, but still not much to write home about in 2013.

When those consoles were new to the market, I personally had a Tascam DM24 which was a big step-up in features from the Soundcraft Digital 328 that I had previously owned. The Mackie offerings never really impressed me in person, and I have mixed on both extensively... more time (live) on the TT24, but neither of them got me too excited.

Surely I think you're money could be better spent now on something current, with a warranty and a feature set that makes sense with current digital technology. 

Mats-Olof Söderberg

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »

I hope you're getting a KILLER deal, cause I would not be that excited to have that console as the centerpiece of any studio I'm working in. The digital 8-bus was slightly more suited for the task, but still not much to write home about in 2013.

When those consoles were new to the market, I personally had a Tascam DM24 which was a big step-up in features from the Soundcraft Digital 328 that I had previously owned. The Mackie offerings never really impressed me in person, and I have mixed on both extensively... more time (live) on the TT24, but neither of them got me too excited.

Surely I think you're money could be better spent now on something current, with a warranty and a feature set that makes sense with current digital technology.

In case of bying the TT24 it will cost appr. half the price of a brand new Behringer X32.
I´m aware that it is a risk buying a TT24 due to lack of support and hardware replacements, etc. The things I like with it is 24-channel mic/line input, ADAT lightpipe, motorized faders and the many input/output facilities.

Since you have been using the TT24, do you know how the Adat outputs works?

/Mats

Mats-Olof Söderberg

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »

Now the post is unlooked so please feel free to have some comments about my wondering of the TT24.

Sincerely Mats

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »

Now the post is unlooked so please feel free to have some comments about my wondering of the TT24.

Sincerely Mats

You will get more relevant responses from the recording forums. http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Buford

• SR Forums
  • Richmond, VA
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

TT24 V.1.7 manual addendum

I'm pretty sure with most current software you can choose from direct, pre eq or pre fader. We sold ours a while back so I can't test it out.

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »

Hi!

I´m Mats from Sweden and I´ve been reading a lot of the digital mixer Mackie TT24 here at this forum. Many useful tips I think.

Now, I´m about to purchase a TT24 but need to know one thing about the ability to use the internal DSP before sending the signal via Adat out to my Alesis HD24.
Is this possible???

I want to use the mixer in my home studio for recording, not for live mixing.

Hope anyone have an answer to my question, please.

Sincerly
Mats

I'm not sure about on the channel strip level (as in pre/post/EQ), but the ADAT outputs are soft-patchable to be any output from the console.  Worst case, you may have to get a little creative in your routing but would still probably be able to get all 24 channels out post-processed.

Jeff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.