ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack-mount DC distribution for mic receivers  (Read 13116 times)

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
Re: Rack-mount DC distribution for mic receivers
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »

No.  Squids, yes, wart-removers, no.  The wart-removers mount flush and solid to the rack.  The small wires from the warts to their units can be run through any of the various wiring harness products you want to use.  Very neat and clean.

Even I can do that......

Well, keep in mind this is the first rack I've ever done, I'm still pretty new to how it all works. We don't have any sort of wiring harness or anything at the moment. I don't even know what's out there for that sort of thing. Thanks for the suggestion.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Wart removers and power squids just look like they'll make the rack look really messy. I really want this to look nice and clean.

If everything is rack mounted and plugged into the rack mount power distro, all the wires will be behind and yes, it will be messy but that's how it is. No one will see it.
Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »

If everything is rack mounted and plugged into the rack mount power distro, all the wires will be behind and yes, it will be messy but that's how it is. No one will see it.

Messy affects more than just visuals. When I have to go into the back of the rack and move stuff around it's a pain if everything's a mess.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »

Well, keep in mind this is the first rack I've ever done, I'm still pretty new to how it all works. We don't have any sort of wiring harness or anything at the moment. I don't even know what's out there for that sort of thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can actually make your own "custom" cable organizer from any tubular stock you have on hand.  Pick something with some flex to it, mark the places where you want the individual wires to come out, drill a hole at every mark, then split the tube lengthwise along the line of holes.  The split will allow you to spread the tube just wide enough to slip the wires inside.  The hole will let you bring the wires out right where you want them to plug into the devices.  You can hold the tube in place with nylon cable clamps, either the ones that completely surround the tube or the ones that have a "ratchet" type closure with the ability to remove the tube without removing the screws holding it in place.

Pull the slack back, coil it neatly and twist-tie it together, then tuck the coils away however you want. 

Or you could just use one of the cable tray assemblies from the link I posted previously.  A little imagination, a little elbow grease and a little time and you won't have to spend much $$$.  It'll be as neat as you want to make it.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 07:03:35 PM »

I have a ewomnikit8 for. 8 ch of G2 if you are interested it will work with G1,2,&3 possibly with your AT UNITS AS WELL.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

David Kaiser

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »

Look up the Audio Technica ATW-DA49 wireless distribution amp. It handles four wireless, is full frequency range capable, and can power four receivers.

James Hicks

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »

You can go to a local electronics supply store and pick up a suitable 12 volt power supply for this application. Take the ends of the wall wart that plug into the receivers, cut them to the right length(s), and tie them all to the power supply outputs. Obviously you have to be careful of polarity, and also need to be sure to get a supply that has enough current to supply all of the receivers comfortably.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »

2 amp 13.8 volt regulated DC supply from Radioshack.  Cut the wall warts off the receiver and reuse the cable. Add a 1/2 amp inline fuse to each cable.  Wire all the cables with correct polarity observed to the DC supply.  Check cable with meter before plugging back in to receiver.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »

why pay for a wall wart to cut the wire off???

go to parts express and order the plugs and some wire? 
  digi Key
mcm electronics. 

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »

why pay for a wall wart to cut the wire off???

go to parts express and order the plugs and some wire? 
  digi Key
mcm electronics.

Molded plugs that are known to be the correct size and already owned.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.