ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4  (Read 24985 times)

Ron Kimball

Re: Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:47 AM »

Now their [Mackie's] entire site is down too. Oops.
http://www.behringer.com works fine for me, are you trying their old site? ;)

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
Re: Mackie User Forums Still Down
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »

Now their entire site is down too. Oops.

Mackie site's back up, but the Forums are still "offline for maintenance".
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »

http://www.behringer.com works fine for me, are you trying their old site? ;)

It is ironic that the two companies seems to have flipped in the market as far as their customer relations and quality of gear. Sad really. Maybe not a 100% conversion, but getting there.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »

Update from Mackie's site:

Like you, we see incredible value in giving our customers a place to interact, ask questions and talk about all things Mackie. But the time has come for an upgrade to our forum software. While we implement a better solution, the Mackie forums will be offline. This could likely take several weeks to fully complete. In the meantime, here are some helpful links should you need support or have any questions about Mackie products.

For support concerns with current product visit http://www.mackie.com/support
Want to talk about our flagship DL Series mixers or DLM Series loudspeakers with other users? We set up a discussion tab on our Facebook page dedicated to everything DL/DLM. For direct DL1608 related presales questions and feedback, email us at [email protected].

Considering buying any other Mackie product and have questions? Email [email protected]

Looking for resources for discontinued products like the D8B, DXB, HDR/MDR, etc? Everything you need to know is accessible. We sincerely appreciate your patience through this transition and look forward to providing you with a better and more comprehensive support solution soon."

I've never seen anyone down their old board site for weeks transitioning to a new site. Isn't it standard procedure to keep the old one up until the new one is ready to go live? Bizarre.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Ron Kimball

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »

I've never seen anyone down their old board site for weeks transitioning to a new site. Isn't it standard procedure to keep the old one up until the new one is ready to go live? Bizarre.
It takes about 10 minutes to set up a forum, maybe a day to fine tune it. Their forums were working fine before they were taken down :( .

Kev Jones

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 05:14:22 AM »

Genuinely, I was about to invest in my first Mackie purchases (I was just waiting until NAMM was over - just to see if there were any updates etc)... so I was surprised to see this.  Personally, it has knocked my confidence.  To me, it leaves me wondering about attitude to customers... and also project management abilities.  Surprised to see a forum down for such a period.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »

Update from Mackie's site:

The rest of the site is up and running, their support page is still there.  While I agree that this is inconvenient, I think it shows how reliant we've become on OTHER END USERS to supply the help and assistance that manufacturers and retailers once were expected to provide.  Customer service has effectively been outsourced to other customers.

The other thing I'll point out is that the forum is down until after NAMM.  Related?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ron Kimball

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »

Genuinely, I was about to invest in my first Mackie purchases (I was just waiting until NAMM was over - just to see if there were any updates etc)... so I was surprised to see this.  Personally, it has knocked my confidence.  To me, it leaves me wondering about attitude to customers... and also project management abilities. Surprised to see a forum down for such a period.
Hopefully they are going to announce the next firmware for the DL1608 at NAMM. In the mean time they left up their bug report and suggestions system for the DL1608 with 243 items on it (many are duplicates or suggestions for future hardware):
http://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl1608
My chief gripes are:
Monitor sends are post comp
No stereo linking of channels or auxes
No master FX mute
No output delays
No iPhone app for monitor mixing

Also other folks complain about:
Trying to use the aux outs unbalanced results in noise that is unacceptable.
Recording level is too low.
Monitor sends are post EQ
No chorus and/or second reverb
Can't "split" iPad playback for backing/click tracks
Can't playback recordings and no dropbox support
Can't save shows to PC

And of course it still doesn't support docking the latest model of iPad.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »

and of course it still doesn't support docking the latest model of iPad.
I would expect some sort of adapter tray for the new ipad lightning dock..

As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »

A gripe I have is that any chan icons and pictures assigned are lost as soon as you save or load any snapshots. also would be nice to see a PEQ option for the monitor sends.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.