ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4  (Read 25300 times)

Kev Jones

Re: Mackie User Forums shut down since 1/4
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

Facebook?  I'm really not impressed.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

I just realized the aux "pre source" is still post eq with no option to send pre eq. That is a major issue for me running aux fed monitors as most people likely do with this mixer.
 Come on mackie! I just got the thing and only mixed live once so far without realizing mackie would have done such a stupid thing.
 Now I realize why eq changes wanted to cause feedback a few times which I thought was from the mains since it was a small venue and my mains are pretty powerfull but now I am sure the monitors were the source...
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »

This is what I was referring to in my previous post. Aux tap points need to have options.

Ron Kimball

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

I just realized the aux "pre source" is still post eq with no option to send pre eq. That is a major issue for me running aux fed monitors as most people likely do with this mixer.
 Come on mackie! I just got the thing and only mixed live once so far without realizing mackie would have done such a stupid thing.
 Now I realize why eq changes wanted to cause feedback a few times which I thought was from the mains since it was a small venue and my mains are pretty powerfull but now I am sure the monitors were the source...
Welcome to our nightmare :D .

But seriously, many analog boards used to run post-EQ auxes so if you've dealt with it back then it's not a big issue. The problem comes when you're running your monitors stoopid loud with singers who have no power like seems to be the norm these days - at least hereabouts :( .

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »

Fortunately for Mackie the majority of users will use this mixer completely unaware of this issue. I found it by reading the block diagram.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:56 PM »

But seriously, many analog boards used to run post-EQ auxes
For years I personally try and keep A&H as a sort of standard minimum (whenever a budget console fits the bill) and I have not come across any of their products that did not include at least an internal "jumper" mod for setting custom "pre source".
 Any situation where I mix stage and house from single console I have been fortunate to have pre eq aux sends, at least for the past 10yrs or so. The bottom line is that It seems to be one of those things I would expect in a digital product  and I think it's almost a deal breaker and I am considering returning the DL1608 while I still have the option.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Ron Kimball

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

The bottom line is that It seems to be one of those things I would expect in a digital product  and I think it's almost a deal breaker and I am considering returning the DL1608 while I still have the option.
It does make me seriously doubt that they consulted ANY live sound guys when they designed this board :o .

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »

It does make me seriously doubt that they consulted ANY live sound guys when they designed this board :o .
Seems almost typical Mackie

Ron Kimball

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »

Seems almost typical Mackie
I'm sure the PreSonus StudioLive wasn't developed with live sound guy input either - it took a couple updates before it didn't suck too. I wish PreSonus would make a rackmount surfaceless SL that was controllable via an iPad without needing a Mac in between. That would blow away the DL1608 for sure!

OTOH the rumor is that Mackie is releasing a new firmware at NAMM so if they at least fix the aux tap points most of us will find it usable. Personally I want the tap points to be selectable per-channel - for instance I usually need compression on the keys and EQ on the kick in the monitors. Oh, and I need the send for the 'verb on horns to be pre-fader if the horns are plenty loud to carry the room but I want 'verb on them in the monitors and maybe some 'verb in the mains to sweeten them.

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »

Or maybe the ones who like post eq monitor sends just aren't spending their time reading this thread (except for me, apparently).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.