ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My attitude towards remote mixing  (Read 7796 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
My attitude towards remote mixing
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »

Is changing...
Jay Barracato

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: My attitude towards remote mixing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »

Nice, huh?  Is that the App for the Mackie?  Ive been using the Personus app for  6 months now - love it!

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »

Nice, huh?  Is that the App for the Mackie?  Ive been using the Personus app for  6 months now - love it!

That the one big shortcoming of the Venue desks, the remote app is VNC control of the Venue's desktop. A real app is a #1 request for the Venues. I'd really like to see it myself.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Mario Data

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »

That is the PreSonus app you have been using for 6 months.

John Chiara

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »

Only thing for me is that with no VCA's I can't have vocals, guitars and fx returns on the screen at once. To mix rock shows I need that capability. The X32 app should be better in that respect.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »

The x32 app does do all 8 DCAs on one screen. As a side note the x32 ipad app was pretty laggy (to much for me to want to mix a show on it) on my 1st gen ipad. I doubt this is a problem on the iPad 2 or newer though and that was before the recently released 2.0 version of the app so it may now be fine on my "old" ipad.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Rob Gow

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »

It's a brave new world.

;)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »

Yeah, it looks like it, I wasn't sure.  I see now, he's got the Fat channel and master section open, along with a nasty reflection!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:17:25 PM by Chuck Simon »

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »

Is changing...

When you get my age (54) and eyesight (not failing, not blind, but not getting any better, your attitude will change back... ;D

I started the remote mixing thing a few years ago with Lenovo convertible tablets and Remote Desktop and moved into iPads, apps, and remote desktop apps to the MacBook Pro.

The last couple of years, as more clients realize its possible and request it (with a boss selling it as a feature without asking me), I've grown to loathe it. A couple of channel for corporate, fine. A band, or 46 channels of orchestra (where I put my foot down with the orchestra this year, citing my vision as the main issue), forget it. I will use it as an aid for setting monitors when using one desk, which is very handy, no doubt.

For as much as I dis-like the Presonus SL (and it's all me, belay the phaser fire already), I think their iPad app is one of the best. The Stagemix line of apps is good, too. The X32 app was recently updated with enough features to get by on. The Soundcraft Vi/Si app is woefully lacking with features, although it's enough to walk up to the stage to do monitors and adjust the mix's EQ.   

FWIW,
Geri O

John Chiara

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »

When you get my age (54) and eyesight (not failing, not blind, but not getting any better, your attitude will change back... ;D

I started the remote mixing thing a few years ago with Lenovo convertible tablets and Remote Desktop and moved into iPads, apps, and remote desktop apps to the MacBook Pro.

The last couple of years, as more clients realize its possible and request it (with a boss selling it as a feature without asking me), I've grown to loathe it. A couple of channel for corporate, fine. A band, or 46 channels of orchestra (where I put my foot down with the orchestra this year, citing my vision as the main issue), forget it. I will use it as an aid for setting monitors when using one desk, which is very handy, no doubt.

For as much as I dis-like the Presonus SL (and it's all me, belay the phaser fire already), I think their iPad app is one of the best. The Stagemix line of apps is good, too. The X32 app was recently updated with enough features to get by on. The Soundcraft Vi/Si app is woefully lacking with features, although it's enough to walk up to the stage to do monitors and adjust the mix's EQ.   

FWIW,
Geri O

I agree. For all the stuff that goes on during a live show..even a small one... I find myself controlling 3-4 things at a time and that is impossible on the SL iPad app... Hopefully not on the X 32 app but I still want to have faders and knobs. It is almost a physical rhythm kind of a thing. Like the difference between a real car and a video game.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.