ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unusual "how loud" question -- realistic gunfire  (Read 16844 times)

Steve Kas

Re: Unusual "how loud" question -- realistic gunfire
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »

The last show I did with gunshots was Oklahoma. There are 3 times that someone shoots. Unless you really know the show 2 of the times it is really kind of unexpected. People did jump out of their seats. The sub really helps to give it some body. The effect that I used is a mix of some different sounds including a cannon to get the low end. It did sound very real. Kind of like when someone shoots a 44mag. You have to be really careful with the blend of the different elements of the sound effect to get the perceived realism. And what works on one sound system may not work on another.

Speakers other then your main hang can also be very helpful. When the gunshots are coming from different places it can really help with the effect. It becomes a little bit trickier in your routing though.

Sounds cool! Wish I was there.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »

Ask your son if they still use fleshettes (bee hive rounds) with the 105s, and thank him for joining the club.

Dan had no recollection of BeeHive/Fleshettes. Perhaps not well suited to urban warfare.  Most of the offensive in Iraq-2 was door-to-door.  Defense was snipers and IEDs.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.