ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What will be the smallest size dual 18" that go low on budget?  (Read 13774 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: What will be the smallest size dual 18" that go low on budget?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 03:11:48 AM »

Best bang for buck is probably Yorkville LS1208.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Dennis Goh

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »

Too bad my country do not have iYorkville LS1208, if not i will go to have a listen. If i import them in, due to size & possibly weight. DHL or ups price is not low..

Most prob have to go by sea freight? Reach port, there are company there that will start "pressing their calculator" to see how to earn money from end user just to take that out & some taxes. All these do add up quite a bit.

Too bad LAB sub is huge, if not i will definitely get plan & have someone to build it. Heard too much good stuff about it.
(Even "OutLine" have a sub name Lab15.) Vendor told me is like a labyrinth, many folds inside.

i am thinking to get jbl prx-xlf, should be getting a pair. But partner kept on saying get behringer b1800d-pro....because the money for a pair of xlf = 2 pairs of beh's sub...Which lead back to a question that i don't seems to know.

Putting a pair of same make & model 18"cabs (any brand) side by side.[all settings same & look like a dual 18" cab)
> other then the +3db, does it have any other effect?

Going from the "wharfedale evp-x18pb active sub" to  "jbl prx618-xlf" is an upgrade.....but if going to "behringer B1800D-pro active sub"?
As partner have bigger share in pub, his words are final.

Both of us have diff mentality to keep the crowd, some comes for the ladies, some come for drunk.
His thinking > sub can use then its good enough.  Ladies to lure customers to come back to pub> earn ladies drink.
My thinking > better sound for the party people that loves chivas/martell.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »

Too bad my country do not have iYorkville LS1208, if not i will go to have a listen. If i import them in, due to size & possibly weight. DHL or ups price is not low..

Most prob have to go by sea freight? Reach port, there are company there that will start "pressing their calculator" to see how to earn money from end user just to take that out & some taxes. All these do add up quite a bit.

Too bad LAB sub is huge, if not i will definitely get plan & have someone to build it. Heard too much good stuff about it.
(Even "OutLine" have a sub name Lab15.) Vendor told me is like a labyrinth, many folds inside.

i am thinking to get jbl prx-xlf, should be getting a pair. But partner kept on saying get behringer b1800d-pro....because the money for a pair of xlf = 2 pairs of beh's sub...Which lead back to a question that i don't seems to know.

Putting a pair of same make & model 18"cabs (any brand) side by side.[all settings same & look like a dual 18" cab)
> other then the +3db, does it have any other effect?

Going from the "wharfedale evp-x18pb active sub" to  "jbl prx618-xlf" is an upgrade.....but if going to "behringer B1800D-pro active sub"?
As partner have bigger share in pub, his words are final.

Both of us have diff mentality to keep the crowd, some comes for the ladies, some come for drunk.
His thinking > sub can use then its good enough.  Ladies to lure customers to come back to pub> earn ladies drink.
My thinking > better sound for the party people that loves chivas/martell.

Our retail section sells both the JBL and Behringer powered subs, if you can afford the JBL, get the JBL.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

If you're doing more EDM/contemporary hip-hop than live sound, you might want to consider building 21s instead of buying dual 18s. You mentioned building as a possibility. With these guys, I basically "built the box" off the B&C website and have been very happy with them as a club DJ.

Individually, these boxes are not much larger than a compact 18. They pack well and I can move them around all by myself without too much difficulty.

They break the 40hz barrier with aplomb. When I play a track like "The Motto" (Drake) with those sinusoidal low "B's" (31hz) the whole club shakes like it's going to come apart.

Both B&C and Eighteen Sound have design suggestions for their 21s on their websites. I encourage you to check them out :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.