ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP for Martin Line Array  (Read 5290 times)

Montez Carter

DSP for Martin Line Array
« on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »

I am now at the point where I am ready to get the DSP for some Martin W8lc's that I purchased used. I see on the  Martin website that there is the XTA 226 and the BSS (besides their DX2). I cant find any XTA 226's online and I just missed a couple on Ebay. My question is can the BSS Minidrives be used as I am not sure if I can get the 5 bands of parametric that I need on the compression drivers. I have an Xilica 4080 laying around the shop but was unsure if would need to get one of the other brands as I did not know if the Q/bandwidth interpretations are exclusive to the  XTA's and BSS's only. I also like the idea of wireless control as I have with the Xilica.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: DSP for Martin Line Array
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »

I am now at the point where I am ready to get the DSP for some Martin W8lc's that I purchased used. I see on the  Martin website that there is the XTA 226 and the BSS (besides their DX2). I cant find any XTA 226's online and I just missed a couple on Ebay. My question is can the BSS Minidrives be used as I am not sure if I can get the 5 bands of parametric that I need on the compression drivers. I have an Xilica 4080 laying around the shop but was unsure if would need to get one of the other brands as I did not know if the Q/bandwidth interpretations are exclusive to the  XTA's and BSS's only. I also like the idea of wireless control as I have with the Xilica.
Here is a good start Martin.  RTFM.
http://www.martin-audio.com/userguides/Guides/Manuals/W8Lser.pdf

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:29 AM »

Not all Qs are created equal. JR has posted about this extensively. Also, the Xilica DLP4080A is lame compared to XTA and BSS. I own one too. Side by side with my XTA DP448, there's no comparison. Don't skimp, wait until you can get your hands on the XTA. It's far superior sonically and has superior limiters. The BSS is a good second choice though if you can't get the XTA.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Montez Carter

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »

Thanks Greg that's exactly what I was thinking about the Q's now will have to hunt for a used XTA. I will post in the market place here in a few. Thanks

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »

Thanks Greg that's exactly what I was thinking about the Q's now will have to hunt for a used XTA. I will post in the market place here in a few. Thanks
Soundbroker is kinda usually high but has a bunch of them for sale.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »

You should have no problems picking up second hand XTAs

And Martin/Synco have pre-rolled presets for XTA.

Not to mention you can get excellent wireless control with an XTA. Pick your tablet of choice, and grab yourself one of these: http://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_5100A.htm
Riedel Communications

John durisko

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »

Not to mention you can get excellent wireless control with an XTA. Pick your tablet of choice, and grab yourself one of these: http://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_5100A.htm

+2 for the Moxa Serial Server. We have a couple in racks around here.

Montez Carter

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

Yeap thanks guys for the info. I am ordering one from a fellow forum member today and will be ordering another here in a couple of weeks. Now to spend some time with them and viewpoint in the warehouse. It will be at least 3 months before these things ever see a gig. As I will not ruin my reputation with a badly deployed array as the old KF850's are still moving every week.

Martyn ferrit Rowe

• are we there yet?
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

PM. sent
cheers
ferrit
Martin-Audio

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »

Now to spend some time with them and viewpoint in the warehouse.

Ask your local Martin Audio dealer for the "Display" Software. You'll never want viewpoint again.
And like written before, read the manual! It has some excellent hints, not only Martin specific.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 25 queries.