ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: X32, Uli and service  (Read 18327 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
X32, Uli and service
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:41 PM »

In another post I had referenced an X32 failure. It was a strange failure, and that's why I created the post. I was NOT beating on ULI and crew. I am quite sure that there have been other failures, but my concern with Uli and THIS product has been with the the "supposed" service available. Or, how would Behringer react to failures in their attempt to play with the big boys.

In all fairness to Uli and his crew I'll post the messages that were posted on YouTube that were not visible to me until AFTER my first post. Behringer has certainly stepped up to the plate and should be commended.

Please see below;

Just received my new X32 from FedEx. Thank you to everyone at Behringer. Very great customer service. Very great customer service.

Mike DTexasLiveSound's comment.
So Behringer just called my cell. They noticed my video of the defective X32 and are overnighting Texas Live Sound a brand new console. That they are going over with a fine tooth comb before sending out. Well played Behringer.
Joe Sanborn           
  •             Hi Mike, My apologies for the issue you are having. Issues with the X32 are very rare, but we treat any issue quickly and want to make sure you are back up and running ASAP. As it is Sunday, I have contacted Chase McKnight in our Las Vegas facility to take care of you first thing Monday morning. His direct number is: 702-371-0830 I have also sent you a PM with my cell number to get this taken care of ASAP. Best Joe Sanborn Manager, Channel Marketing MUSIC Group BEHRINGER           
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jack keaton

Re: X32, Uli and service
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »

In another post I had referenced an X32 failure. It was a strange failure, and that's why I created the post. I was NOT beating on ULI and crew. I am quite sure that there have been other failures, but my concern with Uli and THIS product has been with the the "supposed" service available. Or, how would Behringer react to failures in their attempt to play with the big boys.

In all fairness to Uli and his crew I'll post the messages that were posted on YouTube that were not visible to me until AFTER my first post. Behringer has certainly stepped up to the plate and should be commended.

Please see below;

Just received my new X32 from FedEx. Thank you to everyone at Behringer. Very great customer service. Very great customer service.

Mike DTexasLiveSound's comment.
So Behringer just called my cell. They noticed my video of the defective X32 and are overnighting Texas Live Sound a brand new console. That they are going over with a fine tooth comb before sending out. Well played Behringer.
Joe Sanborn           
  •             Hi Mike, My apologies for the issue you are having. Issues with the X32 are very rare, but we treat any issue quickly and want to make sure you are back up and running ASAP. As it is Sunday, I have contacted Chase McKnight in our Las Vegas facility to take care of you first thing Monday morning. His direct number is: 702-371-0830 I have also sent you a PM with my cell number to get this taken care of ASAP. Best Joe Sanborn Manager, Channel Marketing MUSIC Group BEHRINGER           

Bob I dont think you need to defend yourself. You have every right to state your opinion, I own a x32 Yet I am still skeptical, are they going to keep this up a year from now? I am not sure but if they do I feel every company may have to step up their game.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »

I may have been one of the people that seemed like they were coming down on you, which was not my intention. I only posted because I knew the situation had been resolved previously.

I'm also an X32 owner, probably less sceptical than some as stated previously. I still try to separate myself from the rampant fanboi-ism (allusions to oral sex have been made elsewhere in internet land)...
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Mark Phillips

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »

I have a decent inventory of equipment including the X32, it is a feature ladened LIVE console and for is price and features it great. I couldn't give a damn if someone labeled me a fanboy because I said a few positives words about the board, BFD. It makes me a great ROI and I love mixing on it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so when ones opinion is interpreted as negative, they should not be suprised of point-counterpoint.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »

Bob I dont think you need to defend yourself. You have every right to state your opinion, I own a x32 Yet I am still skeptical, are they going to keep this up a year from now? I am not sure but if they do I feel every company may have to step up their game.

Not defending myself at all, simply making my point clear. I've had plenty to say about Behringer in the past and have no regrets, however, after following the product and Uli's efforts the benefit of the doubt should be given.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so when ones opinion is interpreted as negative, they should not be suprised of point-counterpoint.
Not directed personally but in a more general sense the same applies if posts are pereceived as overenthusiastic or ill informed as they will also tend to generate comments from both sides.

I agree that so far I have been pretty impressed by Behringer's response to the couple of common issues that seem to have arisen with the X32.  I am also impressed by the apparent reduction in the marketing content that seemed to be part of every post from Behringer representatives.  But it is still a relatively new product and I am interested to see how the mixer holds up after a longer period of 'real world' use as well as how the support goes as sales numbers taper off. 

Doug Maye

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:15:35 AM »

I've read over 120 pages of the X32 thread to see what people's impressions of the board were. While I have only used a few "B" pieces, I always had my doubts as to their quality even though every one has done exactly what it was supposed to do. While keeping an open mind I had a hard time ignoring the large numbers of people impressions of the products. Uli has positioned himself in the pro audio markets by making large and some would call bold acquisitions. I have to say that Behringers response to any issues with this product have raised the bar as to trying to address any issue that has risen. The question was raised as to how long the support will last for this product. I don't think it's about this particular piece, but rather to how far Uli is willing to go raise the impression of the Behringer trademark. When you look at it from that perspective, it's a very worthwhile investment. And cheap at that.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »

I've read over 120 pages of the X32 thread to see what people's impressions of the board were.
Research of first person experience is good.
While I have only used a few "B" pieces, I always had my doubts as to their quality even though every one has done exactly what it was supposed to do.
This is not logical. Doing what they are supposed to do is the definition of quality.
While keeping an open mind I had a hard time ignoring the large numbers of people impressions of the products.
Opinions vary. Professionals learn to decide for themselves, while there is often a need to cater to our customers opinions (aka riders).
Uli has positioned himself in the pro audio markets by making large and some would call bold acquisitions.
Some would call them opportunistic, but this is a natural progression to grow top line growth, and when brands are managed properly they can synergistically support (or at least not crater) each other. 
I have to say that Behringers response to any issues with this product have raised the bar as to trying to address any issue that has risen.
Yes, that is how it looks.
The question was raised as to how long the support will last for this product.
It is difficult to predict the future, even with practice.
I don't think it's about this particular piece, but rather to how far Uli is willing to go raise the impression of the Behringer trademark.
Yes, this is very much a monetary investment in the brand. It cost money (reduced profits) to deliver comprehensive support to the market place. An easier investment to make after the company has grown this large, than while buying market share with low prices.
When you look at it from that perspective, it's a very worthwhile investment. And cheap at that.
Yes, I believe it is a worthwhile investment, and more than that, it is the right thing to do, but never cheap, or there would be no reason to not do it from day one.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »

I was NOT beating on ULI and crew.

Time sure change:

This used to be a link.

Quote from: A regular poster with a good forum standing, february 2008
There was an unflattering qoute about Behringer here.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:01:14 PM by kristianjohnsen »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

Time sure change:

Amusing but not very gracious...

When the facts change Bob is entitled to change his opinion, no matter how bluntly the former was expressed.

One very obvious benefit from Uli's charm offensive is that people are less willing to say the same things to his face, as when his company declined official responses on the WWW, and such rants went unchallenged. Speaking truth to power is not always the wisest path when working inside the industry. Bob is apparently not worried about that.

Smart marketing on Uli's part. He should have personally engaged (or had his people engage officially with forums) a lot sooner.

JR

PS If I ever expressed myself in similar words, I probably meant it at the time, while I am not inclined to such language in print for posterity.
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.