ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: X32, Uli and service  (Read 18303 times)

Dennis Wiggins

Re: X32, Uli and service
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »

fornication under carnal knowledge

Bob-

I believe it was:

Van Halen:For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (1991)

-Wigs
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:50:18 PM by Dennis Wiggins »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »

Bob-

I believe it was:

...or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5oiqRlej4 8)

-Wigs

Edgy Van Hayloft?  The hammer-on banjo player?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

paul bell

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »

FWIW, the NYC authorized Behringer repair center (DBM Pro Audio) has yet to see a single X32 for repair.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »

Bob-

I believe it was:

-Wigs

In this decade you are correct. In the 50's and 60's it was the other version, at least in Boston.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 01:10:57 AM »

Comments made in the anger of the moment after such extreme experiences of unreliability are understandable, if not in compliance with forum policy. More importantly, that discussion in 2008 struck a resonance with many other forum members who had had similar experiences with unreliable B* products and shared the same dim view of the IP policies of the company.

Since the leadership at the CEO level is publicly trying to make major changes in the company policy and reputation, I think it is very healthy that so many thousand forum participants are witnessing discussions like this and following the reports of reliability, service improvements, quality, etc. For those of us who are contemplating buying B* or other American Music Group products like Midas, Turbosound, etc, the next few months of open discussions of service and reliability issues will be of great interest. For me, this kind of sharing of experiences, naming names and discussing details, is one of the major benefits of a large international forum like PSW. I think we all agree that profanity and personal attacks have no place here and tend to diminish the value of the discussions.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 09:10:11 AM »

FWIW, the NYC authorized Beringer repair center (DBM Pro Audio) has yet to see a single X32 for repair.
I believe the authorized service centers primarily handle post warranty service so I would not necessarily expect them to have seen any X32s yet.

I do wonder why there are apparently two authorized Behringer service centers in New Hampshire yet there are none shown around areas such as Nashville, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indianapolis and Kansas City.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 10:16:37 AM »

In this decade you are correct. In the 50's and 60's it was the other version, at least in Boston.
Hah!  In Chicago it was the phrase "If you see Kay..."

Carry on.

-Dennis

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

... tell her I love her.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »

A similar thread has been discussed before... thankfully, the forum admins locked it out of its misery.

I still stand by my post and appreciate JR's informative response.

I still think that Behringer's bad reputation has been a product more of the price of their goods combined with the high sales volume (market penetration) creating the impression of a high failure rate rather than a measurable difference of quality. Out of four pieces of Behringer equipment I've owned, I've seen two complete failures; one apparently due to poor design, the other probably poor components; and one partial failure due to poor components (which I was able to rectify). The fourth item is still going strong, but I don't use it much. I've also had failures of other brands of products: Lexicon, Mackie, Audio-Technica to name a few; but I also don't have as many of those manufacturer's products. Maybe my experiences of failure would be higher if I had more products from other manufacturers? I can't say.

Further, once a company has a bad rep, we tend to hear MORE about the negative experiences because we are more likely to criticize when we know there's a bad rep (kick 'em when they're down). If some manufacturer had a 20% failure rate BUT took care of his customers like they were his own mother, he'd have a reputation better than the one that has a 2% failure rate but thumbs his nose at the customer -- and we'd hear more about the bad experiences and be quick to criticize the 2% manufacturer. That's just our fallible human nature.

It is refreshing, though, to see Behringer show initiative in the customer service department. It certainly can't be cheap, but after years of bad rep, it's a necessary move to keep them from going down the drain.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

If some manufacturer had a 20% failure rate BUT took care of his customers like they were his own mother, he'd have a reputation better than the one that has a 2% failure rate but thumbs his nose at the customer -- and we'd hear more about the bad experiences and be quick to criticize the 2% manufacturer. That's just our fallible human nature.
Except for some inconvenient math. A 20% failure rate across the board, and "mother grade" customer support would quickly consume all profit from a value product manufacturer, and drive them out of business.
It is refreshing, though, to see Behringer show initiative in the customer service department. It certainly can't be cheap, but after years of bad rep, it's a necessary move to keep them from going down the drain.

I applaud any company taking better care of their paying customers, for any reason at any time.

I doubt they were at any risk of going down, but at some point it becomes an easier and more productive path to grow top line sales.

JR 
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.