ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help w/ finding a small mixer  (Read 5854 times)

BillRobison

Re: Help w/ finding a small mixer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »

I would have said Yamaha O1V. You might find the user will be scared off it because its digital but if you set it up essentially they could just push faders up and down.

There is no graphic eq but the outputs do have 4 band parametric eq on them. You can pick them up 2nd hand quite cheaply.

I put one in a school a few years ago, I did a training session with one of the music teachers and some of the older students and they love it. Its about the cheapest thing you can get with FX, dynamics etc... all built in and you can recall scenes so if someone mess's with it you can just recall your set-up.

Thanks for the suggestion but an O1V is not an option. I picked up the pieces from too many disasters where an O1V was installed and the customer was unnable to get any sound out of the system. I know of one school where the 2- O1V mixers that were part of their theater/auditorium permanent installation have been replaced by a Behringer because a disaster ocurred when no one could get any sound out of the system because some started pushing buttons. Their O1V's are collecting dust in the stroage room over their booth. 

James A. Griffin

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »

Mackie DL1608 has all you're looking for and is very easy to use, even for those unfamiliar with digital mixers.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »

If it was me, I'd go for the 01V, but since that doesn't seem to be a viable option, what about one of these?

http://www.peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/701/116919/XR%26nbsp%3B1212

It has amplifiers built in, but if you don't tell the renter about them, they probably won't figure out what the Speakon connectors are for anyway.  Personally, I've been nothing but frustrated when I had to use a 9-band GEQ, but if that's what your customers expect, this thing meets spec.

GTD

BillRobison

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »

Mackie DL1608 has all you're looking for and is very easy to use, even for those unfamiliar with digital mixers.

I thank everyone for their suggestions. This forum is a great tool to get help from others in the industry.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

I never think of Carvin because they're rare around here, but somebody was selling one on the local kijiji, and it happens to have a 9-band EQ built in.  Checking Carvin's site, they're even cheaper than a used 01V.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/C1240

It might be more complicated than you need, but at least the main outputs are XLR, so you can just send mic cables for hookup.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.