ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presidential Debates 2012 - Comms, RF, and backup systems  (Read 16184 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Comms System Comparisons
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:34 AM »

I would still be interested to hear your thoughts on Helixnet and doing comms with Clearcom vs Riedel.

No additional Helixnet since debates.  Tomorrow I will be on a show with it though.

The recent upgrade of the system with Ethernet connectivity is really exciting.  Up to 5 4-channel Helixnet base stations can be connected over Ethernet or the internet.  Each one contributes it's 4 channels and program input to the system maxing out at a 20 channel comm system with 5 program inputs where every one is available to every beltpack! It is barely a step behind a full fledged matrix system.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »

No additional Helixnet since debates.  Tomorrow I will be on a show with it though.

The recent upgrade of the system with Ethernet connectivity is really exciting.  Up to 5 4-channel Helixnet base stations can be connected over Ethernet or the internet.  Each one contributes it's 4 channels and program input to the system maxing out at a 20 channel comm system with 5 program inputs where every one is available to every beltpack! It is barely a step behind a full fledged matrix system.

Woo Hoo! That was the original promise that got me excited about Helixnet a couple of years ago. When it wasn't there at release it was a big disappointment. With that capability it becomes a really powerful flexible system.

Mac

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »

Woo Hoo!

CC demoed it for Disney.  Setup several bases in a conf room to show them through their park network.  Then took one of the bases across the park, plugged it in and right away it connected to the bases in the conf room.  Cool.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.