ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A defective X32, no big deal, but strange  (Read 14620 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: A defective X32, no big deal, but strange
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »

I have seen ICs fail as a dead short and low ESR electrolytic capacitors short also.

I've seen foil shorts on PCBs when brand new, but not lately, and not after spending some time in service.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »

Those connectors are still pretty common. I see them more often than not in large system where there 8-16-32 processors and the procs are added using a daughterboard.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 11:48:52 PM »

Those connectors are still pretty common. I see them more often than not in large system where there 8-16-32 processors and the procs are added using a daughterboard.

The one thing they didn't excel at was holding computer (NuBus) cards in the slots on the Quadra 950 Macs. Avid video editing stations and the original ProTools systems used those 5 slot tower Macs. The weight of the cards in the slots would cause them to to come out part way over time with the towers upright in a vertical stance. Part of the problem was the low friction connector itself and part of the problem was Apple's lame design using ill fitting plastic tabs to hold the card's L bracket/connector plate in position. The tabs didn't hold much in place and they broke off pretty easy. The best way to run those Macs with larger boards in them was to lay them on their sides so gravity would keep things in place ;)
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Scott Jordan

• LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:25 AM »

I have been intrigued by the X32, and have been reading reports to see how it is holding up, and looking forward to seeing how it hold up down the road. I know one company I have freelanced for just bought 4 of them for their smaller shows. So I poked over to the YouTube videos from TexasLiveSound, who had the issue with the X32. In the comments section of one of the videos:

Comments (TexasLiveSound)

TexasLiveSound 3 weeks ago:
Just received my new X32 from FedEx. Thank you to everyone at Behringer. Very great customer service. Very great customer service.

Mike D

TexasLiveSound 4 weeks ago:
So Behringer just called my cell. They noticed my video of the defective X32 and are overnighting Texas Live Sound a brand new console. That they are going over with a fine tooth comb before sending out. Well played Behringer.

Joe Sanborn 1 month ago:
Hi Mike, My apologies for the issue you are having. Issues with the X32 are very rare, but we treat any issue quickly and want to make sure you are back up and running ASAP. As it is Sunday, I have contacted Chase McKnight in our Las Vegas facility to take care of you first thing Monday morning. His direct number is: 702-371-0830 I have also sent you a PM with my cell number to get this taken care of ASAP. Best Joe Sanborn Manager, Channel Marketing MUSIC Group BEHRINGER

___

Yeah there is a stigma to Behringer, but I do get the sense they are trying to move past that and do things better. The fact that they personally called this guy to resolve the issue, to overnight a board, and to post the response they did I think does speak to this, that they are trying to do right with this console. I don't think there is a manufacturer out there that hasn't had issues in the past with products. The issue comes when the manufacturer doesn't address it, or the issue is so catastrophic that they can't come back from it to undo the damage caused.
Scott Jordan

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:25 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.