ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie DL1608  (Read 31150 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: Mackie DL1608
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 10:58:05 PM »

Hi Arik,

Haven't had that problem with playback as you describe with my unit at any point, and i've used that feature numerous times.  I'd check with Mackie, sounds like something isn't quite right.  There should be no need to adjust pre-fader level on the ipad channel....very strange.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »

Hi Arik,

Check your ipad channel settings, and make sure you don't have any compression/limiting turned on. Even the factory preset titled "no clip" has a threshold of -3dB and will give you a harshly distorted sounding output.  If you want to compress or limit, use it on your outputs but not the channel.   Hope that helps.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: iPad playback problem on Mackie DL1608
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »

A bit dumb question since I haven't seen the answer anywhere: iPad audio output via dock into DL1608 is way too hot (into clipping with noticeable distortion), and there's no way to adjust input gain on "iPad" channel like on all other channels. For some reason once docked to DL1608 the iPad audio output level ("volume") control is disabled in iTunes and couple of other playback apps that I've tried. For now playback from iPad directly into DL1608 is pretty much useless.

Both MasterFader app and unit's firmware are up to date.

Any ideas on how to get around it? Or did anyone tried another audio playback app that allows output level control while docked to Dl1608?

This thread is obviously dated but I wanted to chime in for anyone reading this later. This is  real problem that I also experience.  The iPad input is too hot and there's no way to tame it down.  I do not have the compressor on that channel turned on and even if I did it wouldn't affect the input level. It's not terrible for playback of music between sets but it is unusable as a reference for setting up the system.

I wonder if some people have the problem and others don't because of the connection type? Perhaps it isn't as hot with a lightning connector?   I use an iPad2 with the standard original connector.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Tom Burgess

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »

Mine's the same way, iPad input is way hot but I've never heard it go into distortion.  This would be a great question for a Mackie engineer.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.