ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick X32 question.  (Read 1790 times)

bruce gering

Quick X32 question.
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

Nice reads on the X32 on this forum so far gentlemen. I have a quick question about the layers of the X32. How many layers of channels does it have? They mention something about a 48ch stage box, so I'm thinking it has an extra layer of 16.

What I'm really interested in knowing is how well mons can be run off of FOH. I don't want the chnnl EQ to affect the mons, and I realize that by layering, I can achieve this. That, IMHO, is a big drawback to the SLive.

Or maybe some of you X32 users could tell me how you run mons from FOH on this desk in regards to EQ and compression, etc.

I apologize if this has been covered here before, but there is SOOO much chatter on this forum about the X32 that I found it quite difficult to search for something this specific on the subject of X32

Jared Koopman

Re: Quick X32 question.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »

Nice reads on the X32 on this forum so far gentlemen. I have a quick question about the layers of the X32. How many layers of channels does it have? They mention something about a 48ch stage box, so I'm thinking it has an extra layer of 16.

What I'm really interested in knowing is how well mons can be run off of FOH. I don't want the chnnl EQ to affect the mons, and I realize that by layering, I can achieve this. That, IMHO, is a big drawback to the SLive.

Or maybe some of you X32 users could tell me how you run mons from FOH on this desk in regards to EQ and compression, etc.

I apologize if this has been covered here before, but there is SOOO much chatter on this forum about the X32 that I found it quite difficult to search for something this specific on the subject of X32

Hi Bruce.

FWIF this thread has covered pretty much everything concerning the X32

http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4393-x32-discussion.html

The X32 is setup as follows:

The left bank of faders
Inputs 1-16 are on layer 1
Inputs 17-32 are on layer 2
Aux inputs and FX returns are on layer 3

Right fader bank:
DCA 1-8 layer 1
Mixbus 1-8 layer 2
Mixbus 9-16 layer 3
Matrix 1-6 and M/C on layer 4

The X32 can support up to 3 S16's (digital stagebox that has 16 in and 8 out) per AES50 port (if I remember correctly) which equals a total of 96 inputs available...of which 32 can be mixed at a given time.

We run monitors from FOH and have ours setup on Mixbus 1-4 currently. Each mixbus has its own 6 band PEQ, compressor and EQ. You can also insert any one of the FX bus channels if you so desire. Mixbus's can be configured as subgroups if you wish.

Hope that helps,
Jared

John Chiara

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »

I have a scene with ch 11-16 as vocal inputs. Those inputs are also routed to board channels 27-32. 11-16 are for monitors...27-32 are for FOH. This gives compoets separation of vocal monitor mixes. That is my simple all purpose setup for club work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.