ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Analysts Rack Alternatives  (Read 7148 times)

David Buehler

• db Production Services LLC
Audio Analysts Rack Alternatives
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:43:44 PM »

So since AA was bought up by solotech last year, we've been contemplating any options for suitable alternatives to the AA Tensilite Racks that they were making for many years. The folks at Solotech in Las Vegas have been no help, not ever once returning phones to see if they would be selling off any of their old racks or continuing to manufacturer the AA style racks.

Does anyone else make a similar rack thats available for purchase that follows the same build quality of the AA racks? I remmember seeing 8th day having some on a couple tours but dont know if they bought them from AA or if they made them inhouse.

thanks!
David Buehler
Owner
db Production Services LLC

Audio - Video - Staging & Roofs - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Jeff Pitt

Re: Audio Analysts Rack Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »

David,
The Fast Pack Version from Olympic is almost identical.  The handles are at a more manageable height for lifting.  Very good build quality, and fast delivery. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »

David,
The Fast Pack Version from Olympic is almost identical.  The handles are at a more manageable height for lifting.  Very good build quality, and fast delivery.

+1 for the Oly FastPack.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

David,

I've never had the pleasure of using the Tensilite racks but the Fast Pack is by far my favorite. Shock mounted, adjustable rails, terrific castors and build quality. They get my vote.

Jim Roach

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »

I too am less than thrilled with Solotech's lack of response. I would like to purchase another AA tensilite case. I have a 24 x 22.5 "drawers" box and would like to add a matching 24 x 22.5 cable case to increase the size of my personal workbox. Buehler, if you find any, let me know.

Thanks!

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »

My understanding is that Solotech finally shipped a substantial run of updated cases last week.  They should be up and running with production.  You might want to check back with them.
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

Doug Hammel

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

The Tensalite racks are pretty cool and it would be good for Solotech to keep them going. I am sure they are going to update them. An alternative, along with the Oly fastpacks, that I like and recommend is the R+R Case ESP racks. A little different concept but it accomplishes the same features. It is definately worth looking at. Great case and company.

My .02 cents,

Doug Hammel

So since AA was bought up by solotech last year, we've been contemplating any options for suitable alternatives to the AA Tensilite Racks that they were making for many years. The folks at Solotech in Las Vegas have been no help, not ever once returning phones to see if they would be selling off any of their old racks or continuing to manufacturer the AA style racks.

Does anyone else make a similar rack thats available for purchase that follows the same build quality of the AA racks? I remmember seeing 8th day having some on a couple tours but dont know if they bought them from AA or if they made them inhouse.

thanks!

Wil Lopez

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »

thanks!

Check the QuickShut-Rack from ML-Case in Germany http://www.mlcase.de/en/

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »

Check the QuickShut-Rack from ML-Case in Germany http://www.mlcase.de/en/

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

These are probably the best racks I have ever seen.
Unfortunately not cheap....
http://www.l-acoustics.com/produits-touring-rack-62.html#

thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:28:02 PM by Ivan Feder »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.