ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The PSW 2013 readers choice awards - Is this a joke?  (Read 6821 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
The PSW 2013 readers choice awards - Is this a joke?
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »

Can anyone take this award seriously based on the choices given to vote on. This is a joke plain and simple. where do these choices come from? Are they comprised of hardware from manufacturers who do the most advertizing? Are these choices put together by someone on crack? Was a dartboard a part of the process?? I call bullshit here with no reason to vote for mostly crap I wouldn't use on my worst day.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: The PSW 2013 readers choice awards - Is this a joke?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »

Can anyone take this award seriously based on the choices given to vote on. This is a joke plain and simple. where do these choices come from? Are they comprised of hardware from manufacturers who do the most advertizing? Are these choices put together by someone on crack? Was a dartboard a part of the process?? I call bullshit here with no reason to vote for mostly crap I wouldn't use on my worst day.

The answer is "D - All the above."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

Can anyone take this award seriously based on the choices given to vote on. This is a joke plain and simple. where do these choices come from? Are they comprised of hardware from manufacturers who do the most advertizing? Are these choices put together by someone on crack? Was a dartboard a part of the process??

+1... complete nonsense. The nomination process seems to have been unencumbered by any actual reasoning or thought. I love the LS9... but if you're putting a $10k console in the small format console list, does it make sense to have the majority of the rest of the list populated by vastly cheaper Mackie and PreSonus offerings? What exactly are we supposed to be voting for when you're comparing an LS9 to a studio-live, they're completely different products in completely different leagues (not saying one is worse, just aimed at a different markets entirely). 

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »

+1... complete nonsense. The nomination process seems to have been unencumbered by any actual reasoning or thought. I love the LS9... but if you're putting a $10k console in the small format console list, does it make sense to have the majority of the rest of the list populated by vastly cheaper Mackie and PreSonus offerings? What exactly are we supposed to be voting for when you're comparing an LS9 to a studio-live, they're completely different products in completely different leagues (not saying one is worse, just aimed at a different markets entirely).

I have been looking for a compact digital mixing console for a long time.  I looked at everything over the last couple years.  From LS9s to M7s and the SC48.  I ended up buying a couple small consoles, the A&H GLD80s.  Now come to find out it is a large format console, damn!  I wanted small format consoles with large performance.  I guess I screwed the pooch on this one.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

I'm shocked. :-)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »

What?  No "Best Kick Mic"?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:18:46 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »

I haven't seen the "poll", but do know there are lots of  "contests" that require a hefty entrance fee.  If you don't pay the fee-you don't even make the list.

So what the "people" are really voting on is not the best gear-but the best (or most popular-whatever that means)gear among the list of manufacturers who paid the entrance fee.

And who qualifies the vote?  Is it actually gear you have OWNED?  or gear you would LIKE to have-but will never be able to afford it? 

About like the guys who "discuss" which high end car is best.  Yet they will never be able to afford it-much less ever drive one.  Probably will never even see one.  Yet if there were voting-a lot of votes would be cast.  And they mean WHAT???????????????????

Yet they will debate it wildly.  Pretty much worthless if you ask me.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

I'm as perplexed as you Bob. On a good note, they did not included Cerwin Vega DJ subs like they did in the sub roundup in the magazine... that one really threw me.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »

I'm as perplexed as you Bob. On a good note, they did not included Cerwin Vega DJ subs like they did in the sub roundup in the magazine... that one really threw me.

Just like the speakers. All the great drivers in the world and half of the drivers listed are Eminence. Not even a JBL on the list.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »

Just like the speakers. All the great drivers in the world and half of the drivers listed are Eminence. Not even a JBL on the list.
Somethings really make you wonder.  Like when Jethro Tull won the "Best Heavy Metal album" years ago------

Since when was Tull a Metal band????????????????????

Who put them on the list???????????????

Do they have a clue?????????????????

The answer is NO!
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.